Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Vs Option 2

Creamtrumpet
Grafter

PAYG Vs Option 2

Hi,
This is my first time on the Plusnet forums after being a customer for over 7 years. Better late than never!
I need some advice about my broadband product. I'm currently on the old PAYG tariff of £14.67 which has 2GB of usage per month included. This has been sufficient for my needs, but I have found that I've started to go over that 2GB in the past few months, each time costing me another £1.76 for another 2GB's of usage.
I notice that the current Option 2 product offered by Plusnet, which is equivalent in price to what I'm paying now, has 15GB of included usage per month. Obviously, that seems like a more attractive option. But, I do notice that there are peak time bandwidth restrictions in place on that product that I don't have on my current one. I'm wondering if there will be any noticeable drop in service quality and speed if I switch. I don't download much or use P2P very often. My usage is mainly regular surfing, streaming and VOIP.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: PAYG Vs Option 2

I switched to Option 2 from PAYG and for surfing, streaming and voip there was no effect.
I have since moved to the Option 1 special offer (10GB included) and again have noticed no effect except that FTP uploads are slower and downloads from download sites are very restricted during peak hours
artmo
Aspiring Champion

PN were offering a £3 discount on this tariff so check if it's still available.  That would mean you paying £11.67.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the BBYW1 10G offer end tomorrow 16th
artmo
Aspiring Champion

The OP was referring to Option 2 which is what I referred to in my post.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Yes but Jim referred to the BBYW1
Creamtrumpet
Grafter

Thanks for your help, guys. It's much appreciated.
According to the info I can find on the Plusnet site, all of the special offers seem to have ended, so I think I'll just take the plunge and switch to Option 2.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
The BBYW Option 1 10GB special ends today Smiley
If you sign up today you can still take the offer.  All details are here:
http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/option1_10gb_gc.shtml
Feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions.
godsell4
Rising Star

Quote from: Creamtrumpet

I notice that the current Option 2 product offered by Plusnet ... I don't download much or use P2P very often. My usage is mainly regular surfing, streaming and VOIP.

You should be fine with that kind of usage, get PN to agree to a 30 day trial period just in case, Jameseh can do this for you.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
beautifulways
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
PN were offering a £3 discount on this tariff so check if it's still available.  That would mean you paying £11.67.

When I registered with Plusnet about a month ago with my MAC code, I noticed a topic about this somewhere else in the forums. Since I was given my login details immediately, I found the offer page and applied two weeks before my connection was even active, depsite the fact that the forum post was from a couple months previous.
Lo-an-behold, PN accepted me into the offer, and my very first bill was £11.67 as you stated.
It could also be worth the reminder that referrals are (I think) 10 times as valuable until the end of March... Somebody please correct me if that info is flawed.
James
Grafter

The referrals are 8 times the normal value, but you were pretty close Smiley
beautifulways
Grafter

Ahh, either way - still a good deal though Tongue

Now... where's that coach load of people looking to change their ISP...  Roll_eyes