Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Tracker and Dial Up

Stuaz
Grafter

Re: Online Tracker and Dial Up

Quote from: orbrey
Unfortunately there is, and having checked BTs system there are no notes on the order stating why this is delayed. Our provisioning team will be chasing this up with BT but this can't be done until the order is 24 hours late. As such you should get a more detailed update tomorrow morning.
Sorry for the hassle,

It would appear, according to email that i am now active, will have to wait till i get home to confirm though.
Again i would like to say thanks for the swift response.
Stuaz
Grafter

Nope it would appear that even though it is said to be active, i cannot connect, to the Call Centre i go...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

BT have signed the order off as complete, so you should be able to connect fine. If you can't please can you try connecting with the following usernames:
1) your username and password from your previous ISP
2) username: bt_test@startup_domain password: test
3) username: bt_test_user@plusdsl.net password: test
Please let us know if any of these are successful, thanks (bear in mind that the latter 2 will show a connection in your ADSL hardware but you will not be able to browse any web pages). We suspect that BT have not changed the realm over on the RAS, which will be proved if you can connect on your old login but not on the plusdsl.net one.
Hope this helps, please let us know.
Stuaz
Grafter

None of the above work.
I even recieved a new router from yourselfs, which won't even allow me to enter username and password becasue it won't sync. I ran the diagnostics on it, results are as follow:

Test the connection to your local network
Test your Ethernet Connection: PASS
Test your Wireless Connection: PASS

Test the connection to your ADSL service provider
Test ADSL Synchronization: PASS
Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: FAIL
Test ATM OAM F5 end-to-end ping: FAIL

Test the connection to your Internet service provider
Test PPP server connection: FAIL
Test authentication with ISP: N/A
Test the assigned IP address: N/A
Ping default gateway: N/A
I tried in my old faithful Netgear and it didnt work, same problem.
Any ideas?
Ticket number: ID: 22767188  btw
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I've just replied to your ticket, just asking to confirm your power status.  Let me know and I'll get onto raising with BT.
Stuaz
Grafter

Ok i have replied to the ticket, and the Router is switched and connected.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I've raised your fault to BT and replied to your ticket.
Stuaz
Grafter

Quote from: James
Hi there,
I've raised your fault to BT and replied to your ticket.

Ok. thank you.
Stuaz
Grafter

A kinda update, tonight while fiddling with the new router, i noticed the DSL light was solid Green, so thought YAY connection.
Log on to the router to enter my username@plusdsl.net logins and they go though...it thinks about it..then say it cant connect and then starts blinking again. So i dont know if BT were doing something?Huh
What are the chances of me getting connected by Monday? Three months on Dial up is starting to be a pain in the bum...
Personally i think it is something to do with Sky broadband when i cancelled them. I was told by a BT engineer that they put things on the line to allow me to get above 8mb and get the 16mb service, so i wonder if thats on there still, and is making my line unstable?
Really need to get this sorted ASAP.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Could you possibly confirm whether or not you have power turned on your modem/router?
Stuaz
Grafter

I do yes.
James
Grafter

Right.  BT made a change to your SNR and appplied interleaving on your line at roughly 7pm last night.
I've run a line test and I'm still seeing you as not gaining synchronisation, so I'll pass it back to them and ask them to run further diagnostics.
Stuaz
Grafter

Quote from: James
Right.  BT made a change to your SNR and appplied interleaving on your line at roughly 7pm last night.
I've run a line test and I'm still seeing you as not gaining synchronisation, so I'll pass it back to them and ask them to run further diagnostics.

Ok thanks.
Stuaz
Grafter

My broadband is working great now. I would like to thank all the people who helped, and may i say A+++++ for Service!!  Grin
pcoventry76
Grafter

that's plusnet for ya! they are very good they dont mess around they work their [Censored] off to please.
i had simular problems due to router falling off the wagon when it rebooted, lastnight i waited 59 minutes for it to connect so i could use some overnight usage
I've now got fastpath on my line and it's very good.
Moderators note by James_H : Removed full quote of preeding post - it is not needed and is a breach of the link:rules