cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off peak throttling?

David_W
Rising Star

Off peak throttling?

I'm on BB Premier 1 so my "peak" times are 4pm - midnight.  I've just gone a bit over my 13GB limit but it appears my Usenet speeds are being throttled "off peak" (i.e. now).
I was always under the impression that if you go over the 13GB limit you are put under traffic managment during peak hours only.  If memory serves me correctly (from previous +13gb..+17gb... times) downloading a file before midnight on managment is slow, but as soon as off peak comes into play the restrictions are lifted.
Is this still the case or is shaping applied 24/7 after you hit 13GB now?
4 REPLIES 4
jim306
Grafter

Re: Off peak throttling?

I have been looking at this page today this should help. http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bb_premier1.shtml#difference
David_W
Rising Star

I looked at that first, lots.  The throttling as far as I'm aware is only undertaken from 4-12.
Its currently 2:49, a clear 1 hour 11 minutes until "peak" starts, at which time I should see traffic managment take place.  As it is I'm downloading a 23KB/s (180 Kbps).
The only thing I can think of which is stopping me downloading at the 6Mbps is that throttling is occuring off peak.
jim306
Grafter

Your not alone i get the exact same problems and im on a premier option 1 account. Ive been told to try to connect to a different gateway in the past, you can find what gateway your connected to here : http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway
David_W
Rising Star

I checked out a thread on that earlier.  I was on thn-ag1 (a good one to be on) but I've reconnected and am now on thn-ag3 (even better one) and no speed change.
/edit - speed dropped at 4pm, so traffic shaping on usenet is 24/7?