Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No progress ticket no 126349439

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: No progress ticket no 126349439

Sorry for my intervention but if I'm correct I've saved you 48 hours of wasted time
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
polygor38
Grafter

BT tell me that an SSFP socket isolates an extension cable from the main wiring, as well as having a built in micro filter .

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

With the pre filtered faceplate connected, your internal wiring and extension sockets are connected to the broadband and phone circuit. With the faceplate removed, all internal wiring and sockets are disconnected. As your connection is intermittent, we need to monitor the connection with your router plugged into your test socket. This goes out directly to the main line bypassing your internal wiring and extension sockets.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
polygor38
Grafter

No offence intended 😀

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thank you for your patience.

Your connection has remained stable with zero drops for the past 72 hours.

This indicates that the fault lies with your internal wiring, extension sockets or the faceplate of your master socket. I would recommend either leaving your router in this optimum position or hiring a third party telecommunications engineer to investigate your internal fault.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'd try your filtered faceplate as the next step, but without your extension wiring connected.   If all is good, then there's just the extension wiring to worry about.   If not, then a new faceplate, check all is still well, then try reconnecting the wiring.   Make sure to shut down elegantly before disconnecting the router, don't disconnect/reconnect more than a couple of time in one day if possible otherwise BT may see this as instability and slow your line down.