cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection

RobDickson
Grafter

No connection

Our router has just disconnected and won't reconnect. Is anyone else having similar problems? We still get a dial tone on the line. I'm in Slough if that makes any difference.
10 REPLIES 10
weeeck
Grafter

Re: No connection

Same thing happened to me also, router dropped and wouldn't reconnect. Took some 15mins to reconnect. I live in the north of Scotland
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We're getting a service status out shortly guys, there is an issue across the core network affecting a large number of customers.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Further to Chris's reply, we've just had quite a few customers drop on the 20CN network across the country. We have an open priority problem here and we're in the process of publishing a service status now.
RobDickson
Grafter

Thanks.
Ours has reconnected now too. Let's hope it stays that way. I'll check the service status later.
PS: I've just read your Priority Problem description. That sounds pretty major.
slipthru
Grafter

Same thing has just happened to me. I thought it might be bt resetting my sn margin to 6 but its still 10. So am quite annoyed i'll have to wait another 2 weeks now. I'm in east kent.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@slipthru
Depending on what aspect of your service dropped (PPP or sync) DLM may not consider this a disconnection. Considering the scope of this problem, it's likely to have just been a PPP drop so DLM will not be affected Smiley
slipthru
Grafter

Hi ben, I rebooted the router unfortunately thinking it might solve the problem, as it has in the past. Is there any chance of plusnet getting my sn margin reset? It had been connected 14 days 11 hours.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Service status has now been posted here
@slipthru
Without looking into the details of your line, just raise a fault here and we'll see what we can do.
slipthru
Grafter

Thanks ben, will do.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Same thing happened to me up here In Scotland and I'm In line testing for the 1st 10 day's I hope me powering up and down this morning wont affect that Sad
I rang In and heard on automated service there was a problem so I just hang up, Gave It an hour and so far, Touch wood All Is well again, It's them gremlin's...You gotta get rid...
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.