Re: No broadband from day 1.

@GPears  With a resolution to your problem

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Our logs are showing a connection so it looks like the exchange problem was fixed. If you're still unable to get online then it's likely caused by the high resistance fault we're seeing and as Adam suggests, unfortunately the only way we'd be able to investigate further is through arranging an engineer visit. 

image16735423861819

Just to check though, what colour is the light on your router? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Ah, looks like some progress - I'm guessing the exchange issue was fixed Wednesday midday.

Am I correct in thinking that the router is now connected - and has dropped just 3 times today (for whatever reason). If so, then is there a line fault at all now? With the correct login credentials the broadband should now work shouldn't it?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

The router would have the right credentials for a connection to show up on our side. Maybe the high resistance fault is causing speed issues or something which makes it appear like there’s no connection. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
GPears
Grafter

Hi corringham,
Yes, the broadband was fixed yesterday.
We have been using it and checking the reliability when we've been home.
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Hurrah!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

So long story short, cutting to the chase - this is no longer the original service not connected / not working at all issue ... it is now a service not working to expectations with an observable fault on the line ... which for the purposes of boundary testing, requires access to the subscriber's NTE5.  We are not looking at the same issue, just the same user.

Personally even if the fault is completely external, I would want a full test from the network boundary point in my premises.  Seen too many repairs untested at the NTE5 requiring a revisit.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GPears
Grafter

Unfortunately, as I have explained previously, we are not currently in a position to arrange a home visit for Openreach. If it had been critical then I might have considered the two x three hour round trips to get my father to be on site. But I'm certainly not going to go to that extent to satisfy curiosity.