Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband from day 1.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: No broadband from day 1.

@Townman wrote:

but the ISPs do not control the rules book.

But they do negotiate the contract with OR, including selecting the support level.

They also should be in control of the public messaging regarding issues. In this case we've had some feedback from Gandalf, and a lot of lengthy posts saying it is OR's fault.

GPears
Grafter

"I do though understand that some folk have no interest in understanding that the world is complex, but just want someone to shout at." Care to elaborate on that townman?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

I'm off to the pub for a pint - what's yours?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GPears
Grafter

Message received earlier...

Adnan Akram - CSC Analyst
10:08am, Friday 6 Jan 2023
Dear Mr Pearson,

Thanks for your patience, i tried to contact you and i could not get through to you.

I have tested your line since work has completed and we are no longer seeing a fault with the service. I therefore conclude that this matter is resolved and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this fault. The fault ticket will remain open for 14 days allowing you to monitor the service.

If the issue returns after 14 days do not worry, we can still raise a new fault.

Kind regards,

Adnan Akram

Got home, still no Internet. Went through the process of reporting again. Confirmed that the fault is still there. Going to escalate. Should result in a "senior" engineer visit to the exchange.
Another message states that the fault is NDT and NO SYNC.
We do have a dial tone.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Oh that is a screw-up.

If the line is not connected to the right place (your home) then a successful remote test is meaningless.

Please humour me - can you please dial 17070 and confirm that the reported telephone number is what you expect it to be.  Can you call the number from a mobile and confirm that the call is received.

All of that said, if I understand correctly, a remote test checks the PHONE line, not the xDSL connection.  If the tie pair configuration is wrong, that might not show up on a remote line test.

NDT is no dial tone, which you advise is not the case!!!

@Gandalf  - any additional wisdom please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Hey there @GPears I can see you spoke to one of my colleagues this morning to sort out a Broadband appointment. Do you need anything else from me?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
GPears
Grafter

Are you getting tired of wasting my time yet?Huh
Still no Internet!!!
29th Dec was our go live date, its the 9th Jan, countless emails, texts, calls, forum messages and still nothing.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @GPears

I'm really sorry to see this is still ongoing.

I can see our Customer Assist Team have escalated this with our suppliers to investigate this as potential cross jumpering issue.

As soon as they know more they'll be in touch

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@MatthewWheeler 

Why did this not happen a week ago when the tied pair issue was identified on the 3rd Jan?

GPears
Grafter

I make it 13 days so far.

I have been sent a myfi box that would at least provide us with some access to internet, well, it would, if it wasn’t on EE. The whole reason for us leaving EE is that we have no mobile data connection and extremely poor phone connection over mobile at home. I was literally only able to connect to data through wifi at home and it was impossible to hold a phone conversation, even when I sat at the bottom of the garden where I got the best signal. So, when I get home this evening I, hopefully, shall spend some time setting up the myfi to see if we can get some sort of internet, but I’m not holding my breath.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi GPears, I've checked over your account and can see we're looking into a line fault at the moment and Openreach want to arrange an engineer visit and we just need to know your availability to get that arranged. 

In case it helps anyone over the age of 18 can be present to let them in. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GPears
Grafter

You want to arrange an engineer for what purpose exactly?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's because our testing has picked up on an issue with the copper line but hasn't pinpointed a specific location for the fault. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GPears
Grafter

And you expect one of us to stop work so you can test the 5m of wiring in our house?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Definitely not, if it's a matter of not being able to get time off work anyone over the age of 18 can be present to let them in, also whereas they're not always available we can check to see if any weekend slots are on offer in your area. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team