cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user - absolute nightmare

NatalieWoodward
Hooked

New user - absolute nightmare

Have set up my new broadband today after receiving the text to say go ahead. I definitely have a connection but i cant connect via wifi- it just keeps taking me to the hub one page. No answer from any Attempt to contact plusnet.

Ive googled some potential issues but nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Its so frustrating i could honestly weep.
14 REPLIES 14
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: New user - absolute nightmare

@NatalieWoodward What colour is the light on the Hub ? and is it solid or flashing ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@NatalieWoodward Welcome to the forums. When did you actually 'go live' - early this morning? If so it can take up to midnight for all the bits to mesh, although it is usually sorted by around 1800-1900.

Be patient, but if you still have problems, post back and we will try to help. I assume as a new user, you have the Hub2?

John
NatalieWoodward
Hooked

Up until you asked a solid blue but now its flashing between yellow and red
OldBen
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Hi Natalie,

I've had a look at your connection and I can see that the router appears to be signing in with an incorrect password.

When the router first connects to us it should usually be able to retrieve the correct authentication details from our end of things, but it seems like it's thrown a wobbly in this case. 

It should be fairly easy to resolve though!

If you could perform a reset with a pin or a needle on the small "reset" hole on the back of your Hub by holding it in for about 15-20 seconds, you'll see the lights go green. It can take up to ten minutes for the router to fully configure from that point onwards.

If you still can't get up and running after doing this, this guide will help you get it sorted.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to  http://192.168.1.254

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: username@plusdsl.net
Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button

PNHelp100x100(biglogo).png  Ben 
 Plusnet Staff
Twitter2.pngFacebook2.pngYouTube2.png
NatalieWoodward
Hooked

This hasnt fixed it. What do you mean by ‘username’. My username to login is my email address and that wont fit. Ive already tried it with my email address before the @ and that doesnt work either
NatalieWoodward
Hooked

Can you please stop ringing me. I have a hearing impairment.
jab1
Legend

@NatalieWoodward Your username is whatever you picked when you signed up and would be confirmed to you in an email.

In other words if you picked the name 'cinderella' your login would be 'cinderella@plusdsl.net' - not your email address.

John
NatalieWoodward
Hooked

Thats the username ive been using
OldBen
Dabbler

Hi Natalie, 

Your username is usually attached to the bill/correspondance we send you. I will add your username onto your account ticket for you here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=226614590

As you mentioned that you have issues with your hearing it might be worth filling out our additional support form so we can better support you. 

If you log into your broadband account, and select "Manage Account", in the list of options under "Account Details" there will be "Additional Support Form". Select that and complete it as appropriate.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button

Plusnet Staff
jab1
Legend

As I'm not PN staff, I can't see what is actually happening, but in an attempt to help you, note that the username is case-sensitive.

John
OldBen
Dabbler

Hi Natalie,

I can see from my end that the username is now correct however the password being used to authenticate with us is showing as incorrect. It may be worth double checking the account password you've inputted or if you aren't sure then you can request a reset on our website at the sign in screen.

Plusnet Staff

NatalieWoodward
Hooked

This entire process is the most ridiculous ive ever encountered. Im genuinely this close to going back to sky. The password is the exact one used to log in to my account with- its literally saved to my phone so im not inputting it wrong.
jab1
Legend

It is case sensitive also. If you can log into your account with it, can you not copy and paste it?

John
NatalieWoodward
Hooked

Ive resolved the issue myself by using a different device.