cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - no service

fatimet
Dabbler

New customer - no service

I plugged my router after more than 10 days waiting and I still don't have broadband connection. What's going on at plusnet? This is getting ridiculous.
23 REPLIES 23
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: New customer - no service

Do you need an engineer's visit? Has Plusnet advised you of your activation date? Either way I suggest you phone Pnet as staff don't monitor this site as they once did. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Have you checked for a dial tone and confirmed that there is no noise on the line?

What colour are the lights on the router?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fatimet
Dabbler

No, I don't need an engineer. I am switching to plusnet. They didn't advise a date. We are well over the sign up promise and I work from home.
fatimet
Dabbler

The problem is the broadband has not been activated yet. I have an important meeting tomorrow morning.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Did you tell your previous supplier you were leaving?

If you did, that could well be the cause of the delay in the new service being activated.  Telling one's old supplier to stop service will inhibit any other supplier from placing line take over orders until AFTER the existing service has been stopped.

There are though a multitude of other issues which can delay BT Openreach completing service transfer from one ISP to another.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @fatimet I've checked your order and can see it was due to complete yesterday but hasn't for some reason. I've contacted Openreach who confirmed that the service is live but we'll need them to close the order on their systems for it to work. That should get corrected today for us so I'm really sorry for the delay. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fatimet
Dabbler

Thank you. It's still not working and I can't access my plusnet account. I can only access my community plusnet community account.
fatimet
Dabbler

Yes, they delayed my services for a week but now it's BT.
fatimet
Dabbler

Hi Adam, I received a message asking me to set my router as my service was now activated. I did and I the broadband connection is still not active.
fatimet
Dabbler

@adamwalker I now have a blue light but still no service.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for how long we've taken to get back to you.

I've had a look and can see you're now online. Is all working okay? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
fatimet
Dabbler

Hello, I am all set. Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Cool. Is there anything else I can help you with? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
fatimet
Dabbler

The WAN connection is not working. I have my TV on the WiFi. It is working fine for streaming.