cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User, Broadband "Activated", but not working

magotto

New User, Broadband "Activated", but not working

hello everyone,
i'm a new user, i just received the email saying that my broadband has been activated (today at 2 pm), but the router plusnet gave me won't connect.
the broadband and internet lights are not turning on, because the dls line is not syncing.
now, i tried different filters on different plugs with no luck, what should i do?
should i call plusnet asking for an engineer to come or should i wait?
how long does it usually take to activate the line, when they send you the text?

Alex
15 REPLIES 15
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New User, Broadband "Activated", but not working

Hi magotto,
Give the tech team a ring, it maybe something simple 0845 140 0200, they'll be more than happy to help. I could recommend various things to try but rather than get you to go through that it may be something they can see straight away on your account.
Jojo Smiley
magotto

Thank you jojo,
i already tried calling them, but the guy that picked up my call was nothing close to be helpful, he just wasted my 2 pounds saying that i'm probably not able to set up the broadband and he could set up an appointment with an engineer and in the case he fixes the connection on the spot, i would have to pay 144 pounds.
i'm quite sure it's not my fault, as i'm a computer engineer and i understand a bit about computers, the line is simply screwed.
i raised a ticket here on the website and they told me they're now checking the connection and they should reply in a couple of hours...do your guys also work at night?
that would be awesome....
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear that magotto, I'll have a look tomorrow and see who it was. Yes we are open 24 hours a day. They do have to warn you that if it were to get to the engineer stage there would be possible charges. Hopefully you'll get sorted shortly but if not, I'll check it out for you in the morning.
Jojo Smiley
magotto

sounds amazing,
thank you for your help
magotto

'morning jojo,
any news from the line?
i was supposed to hear back from the technician this night...but 12 hours have been passed...
if you can help me would be great!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As per our conversation I have now updated the faults team with the checks we carried out.
Jojo Smiley
magotto

just another question, that might sound silly...
is there anything else i can do in the meantime?
i raised the tickets and did everything the website told me, run the tests and everything, as you might already have read.
if there's anything else i can do, i'll be more than happy to try and help you fixing the problem...
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No, thank you for asking but the checks we did while I was on the phone to you are all that's required for now, as long as you leave it connected to the test socket. If you were able to try a different router at all that would help, but other than that we'll just keep working on it for you.
Jojo Smiley
magotto

ok, i got a call today from a technician, telling me to test the phone line...
but we don't have a phone, as we just setup the phone+broadband to use the internet connection, and i'm not sure we can manage to find a phone to test it....
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
If you can even borrow one off someone just to see if there's a dial tone that'd help.
Jojo Smiley
magotto

i borrowed one,
no signal at all...
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI, thanks for that. If you could update your ticket saying yo have tried a different router that would be useful.
Jojo Smiley
magotto

tried with a friend's, not working as well...
magotto

the bt engineer came today and fixed it.
today is the 1st of july and it's actually the first day of internet (hope no other problems will rise...), but we started paying for the connection a week or so ago, will you change the billing date for the next month to reflect the disservice?
Thank you again for your help, very much appreciated.
Alex