cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Member - When does my line speed stop dropping?

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: New Member - When does my line speed stop dropping?

Quote from: jelv
Could you post the stats reported by your router please (sync speed, attenuation and noise margin).

Hi Jelv,
How can one get these stats?  Any test Links?
Regards.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: chandu
How can one get these stats?  Any test Links?

Have a look here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thank you very much, Strat.  I am learning every day!!!
Many regards.
dick:quote
Gazza1964
Dabbler

Hi all,
Thanks for your comments.
Having left my router on all week - I am glad to report that my speed has now increased to 2.7mb and is stable at that.
I appreciate it doesnt cost much leaving it on all the time Ellis - it just goes against the grain.
Please find attatched my results as of this morning, I still havent tried the test socket, if this is definitely needed I will do it on Thursday when I have some time off and the other half goes shopping  ::).
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Gazza1964,
Just bear in mind that when you plug into your test socket you won't see the speed increase immediately. What you may see is your connection rate increase, this is shown as Bandwidth (down) on your router stats page. If that improves then you speed will increase after that.
Jojo Smiley
Gazza1964
Dabbler

Hi,
Ok so here we are a little later than expected.
I finally realised that my test socket was inside the box - and not just plugging it straight to the box, ( doh ) and am pleased to report that after one day my speed increased to just over 4meg. 
Unfortunatley the phone doesnt work.....which is not much cop really.
So the router is back upstairs and I am wirelessly connected at 2.7meg and thats that.
I think its a case of like it or lump it - and at the price and reliability - I like it, just a shame I cant get a bit faster.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Odd... the phone should work fine if it's plugged into the other half of the filter in the test socket? If not you could possibly have a look at removing the bell wire (http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/bellwirenutshell.html) or checking each extension until you find the one that's causing the interference and see if you can live without it?
Couple of thoughts there, hope they help.