cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My speed gone lower [solved]

leeanthony
Grafter

Re: My speed gone lower

Anotherone is away atm, until hes back as I am very curious, does anyone know why this current graph is showing such things? the router isnt actually losing connection
scootie
Grafter

strange that there is no flactuation in snr, are you running over wireless. some times routerstats will fail to get a responce from the router and record a 0 value and as your upstream snr is also droping at same time it points to an issue with routerstats not geting the info from the router.
still dosent explain why the snr is so flat.
what old router is it that your using?
are you sure routerstats is pointing at the right place on your router
leeanthony
Grafter

thanks for the reply mate
the router is a 2wire 1800hg, its faulty for the above ping times, pinging the router itself
im pretty sure routerstats is setup for it, i chose the correct router and the ip address to the router is right, so yea
i dont wana bore you with graphs but check these two its pretty amusing, 1 minute it runs PERFECTLY fine which i think is lies, and then it has a fit Shocked lol
scootie
Grafter

like i say its very unlikely that the snr would not be be up and down by even 0.5db in the night time period
EDIT. added what my snr is up to right now
leeanthony
Grafter

yup, i see what you mean and i agree
notice bottom left thats the drops
scootie
Grafter

nice.
was bout to post this to show you what happens when i log into my dg834g v4 and logout of it why routerstats is running
leeanthony
Grafter

oh yeah i see, im not loggin into the router or anything, is it likely that basically the router just keeps dying and fails to respond to router stats, this router just needs binning
these error stats are probably unlikely aswel

leeanthony
Grafter

so which router do you use btw? i defo need a new 1, gona ask around first see what the majority recommend etc, i fancy paying well for a decent one
dont think i answered your first question either, but no im not wireless never plan on goin wireless tbh
leeanthony
Grafter

googled it earlier 2 popular ones that kept coming up were the 2Wire 2701HG and Netgear DG834
scootie
Grafter

dg834g v4, its the one with the broadcom chip, hence why the full routerstats works, thoe i like the v4 for its abillty on the longer lines, and the web interface has all the settings i need.
i wouldnt touch the belkins thoe had one for 3 days and took it back, awful web intreface that treated you like a child with the settings it let you at
the dg834's are now on th v5's thoe and dont have the broadcom chip in them
leeanthony
Grafter

wouldnt know what the broadcom chip is if im honest, but basically if i go for that one i should stick to v4 yer?
leeanthony
Grafter

To the much earlier replies in this thread about me trying the adsl in the test socket
I just rang ADSL Nation to ask some questions and he was honest with me, he said first you should try the ADSL in the test socket, "if you see a change in sync speed or whatever then the faceplates will help, but if you dont theres no point wasting your money". So after hearing this, I decided to do it. Took some time to sort everything, but yeah right now I am connected to the downstairs socket (in the test socket).
Im not sure If I am happy or disappointed tbh, I was hoping those filters would sort my noise margin/profile/speed out but.. unfortunately (or fortunately), there is no difference at all from what I can see
So I think that rules out my wiring or what not?
I just wonder to myself now, is it still worth getting those filtered face plates or not? Perhaps all I really need is to get rid of this cheap router from PN (no offense, it was free) and grab myself a good one that will keep me a solid connection, and just hope this problem resolves itself overtime, naturally?
Or do I just buy everything.. 2 faceplates, router and a new set of cables etc.... Im just confused, I still dont even fully understand what my problem is, except for the fact that my profile is half the value it used to be, which is decreasing my download speeds by almost half of what they used to be aswel. Doh!
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Can you post what the stats are when plugged into your test socket against what they are when it's plugged into the other socket?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
leeanthony
Grafter

Sure
These are stats when using the usual socket that I use (upstairs)
DSL Type:  G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:  448 / 6,208
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]:  0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:  11.5 / 19.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:  20.5 / 35.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:  19.0 / 14.5
These are stats when using the downstairs socket (The master(Using test socket too))
DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 6,368
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 11.5 / 19.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 20.5 / 35.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 18.0 / 15.0
leeanthony
Grafter

What dya reckon is goin on then? Feel free to make a guess, your guess will be better than mine