Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My speed gone lower [solved]

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: My speed gone lower

Bah, I was looking for this thread earlier but couldn't find it, the name change confused me.
Just a note that I'm still keeping an eye on this.
With regards to the SNR reset that you may request, when we do this it also restarts your initial 10 day training period on your line. It's worth keeping that in mind.
Give me a nudge if you need anything from me.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
leeanthony
Grafter

Sorry guys I didnt mean to sound inpatient or anything, I just saw it and thought it might have been a good idea thats all. I wont bother then
Anotherone, I did what you said last night. Since 8am this morning, I switched absolutely everything off in my room (The room where the router is) except for the router. The router was plugged into a 4in1 plug extension too, so I unplugged that and plugged the Router straight into the wall power socket, again with everything else off.
So the only computer running on the router right now is this crappy one in a different room..
So far its been stable, heres two samples.
My room is still dead atm, I am slowly starting to get bored so dont know how much longer I will last  Tongue
- OH yeah and its sync'd at 63** atm , no drops etc
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Chris
There still seems to be a fault present and we haven't proven where it is yet.
So when/why did this new training period come with a Target SNRM reset then?
leeanthony
Grafter

Shocked Shocked :oGuys! Shocked Shocked
My Samsung TV in my bedroom (Same room as the router), responds to TV firmware broadcasts more a less at least once a day! Sometimes more!
When the TV is on standby, it will make a 'click' noise (The same noise it would make, when you turn it on) although the TV remains off.. and then shortly after it will make the similar but different 'click' noise (the same it would make when you turn it off). This is 100% true fact, just incase anyone isnt sure about this.
What I ask now is, could this be whats making my ADSL noise margin jump up and down?! Shocked
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Possible, easily confirmed, just by checking if the margin changes when it clicks Wink
leeanthony
Grafter

OK Well what I am going to do now is turn off this PC, and then go back into my room and turn everything on just as normal.
Today so far from 8am to 8pm (almost) routerstats seems nice and stable, so we will see if any change now I power up my bedroom full of electronic devices Tongue
The latest and last stats with everything in my room switched off are below
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Xanity
OK Well what I am going to do now is turn off this PC, and then go back into my room and turn everything on just as normal.

No!
Leave that PC on with RouterStats running and start up the other PC (without logging in). Do you see anything in the RouterStats graph when you do that?
When you change anything you need to have RouterStats open so you can see if it has an affect.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
leeanthony
Grafter

Quote from: Just
Quote from: Xanity

No!
Leave that PC on with RouterStats running and start up the other PC (without logging in). Do you see anything in the RouterStats graph when you do that?
When you change anything you need to have RouterStats open so you can see if it has an affect.

Fack. Sad
I turned it off the second I wrote it, is it worth me rewinding.. turning mine off, going back on that etc.. launching routerstats and then turning mine back on? Or is there no point now
leeanthony
Grafter

Oh yeah just realised why I didnt do that Jelv
Its because like I said further up my router was plugged into a 4in1 extension plug, and I had unplugged the router from this and plugged it directly into the plug socket on the wall.
So when I turned off the crappy pc, I had to unplug the router, plug it back into the extension and then plug the 4in1 extension into the wall. So yeah, the other crappy computer would of lost connection anyway when I turned on my proper computer, if that makes sense.
On another note, I have now disabled "Standby Update" or was it Standby Upgrade on my Samsung HDTV, so, will continue monitoring routerstats now. If no drops for the next few days, I will assume thats what was causing it. If I still get drops, there is still something else causing this problem. Smiley Thats all for now
leeanthony
Grafter

leeanthony
Grafter

was at 6, lost sync came back at 4, so did powerdown reboot but it came back at 4 again so bleh. 😕
leeanthony
Grafter

margin for the above
leeanthony
Grafter

yesterdays drop, I think i have already post these but there ya go anyway
leeanthony
Grafter

noise has gone up randomly, a strange time? lol
godamn my internet Sad
leeanthony
Grafter

its going rather crazy right now, never seem it looking so 'rough' before, and its silly o clock in the morning  Crazy