cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My router keeps flashing red

ronbridge1937

My router keeps flashing red

I have had my router now for a week and the router keeps flashing red and no wifi… about a few minutes later it reconnects , but goes off again. This means none of my connections or wifi stays on.. please help as Ian have tried to ring, but closed now until monday
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: My router keeps flashing red

@ronbridge1937 Welcome to the forums. Which Hub do you have? Have you been advised that your service is live?

John
ronbridge1937

Yes service is live, not sure what router it is… any advice?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

OK, if your service is live, the red light indicates that most likely it is not authenticated. The first thing to try is pushing a paperclip or similar into the reset hole, keep it closed for a minimum of 30 seconds, then leave the Hub alone for 10-15 minutes.

The Hubs 'name' will be on a sticker on the base, and also on the card that came with it.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Have you checked the phone line to confirm there is a dial tone and free of noise? Dial 17070 option 2.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting in touch @ronbridge1937 and I'm really sorry to hear about the problems that you're having with your broadband connection. Tests on the line today have found a high resistance imbalance fault on the copper network, which we need to raise with Openreach.

I've just created an open fault ticket on the account, which we'd need you to respond to, through your online Member Centre, and advise us when you'd be free for an engineer appointment. Feel free to give me a nudge on here once you've responded and I'll get the fault raised.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds