cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Opinion

scootie
Grafter

Re: My Opinion

if you do that resync tomoro at midday and get a sync above 1440kbps and then leave your router on for 3 days solid you should get an ip profile of 1250kbps which would see you get around 1100kbps on speed tests but thats only if your line dosent drop and sync below 1440kbps before your bt ip profile gets chance to up its self
the only thing you can do now to improve stablity on your line more is to get a i plate / ADSLnation filter plate or just remove the extension wires that are on the face plate you remove to get at the test socket
theres a table on here that tells you what sync rate you need to maintain to get which bt ip profile http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm
gd luck and hope we manage to get you in the low 4 figure speed club soon Wink
Galrey
Grafter

Thank you ASBO DOG !
I will try to do that, I am alrready looking into buying one of those plates. I will keep you posted as when there are any news...taaa M80
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you've totally disconnected the extension wiring from the rear of the faceplate, and as you said it's cheap bell wire, it should be removed - it will not help your broadband noise issue -then a plate is unlikely to serve any purpose. I would do as ASBO and Jim have already advised with regards to syncing at midday-ish and leaving it on thereafter, monitor the sync speed, attenuation and noisemargin and what the PN portal is reporting your profile as. They are the important figures to watch. Your throughput speeds will improve once these have resolved.
If you take a set of stats say twice a day for a couple of days, a daytime one and one in the evening about 10/11pm ish, and post them here we can see whether everthing is going OK.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Chris,
It was me who disconnected the rubbish wiring not the OP
Galrey
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
If you take a set of stats say twice a day for a couple of days, a daytime one and one in the evening about 10/11pm ish, and post them here we can see whether everthing is going OK.

I will do what you are asking me...it will interesting to see what the result will be...Thank you!
Galrey
Grafter

02-05-2009
@ 12.45 pm
Broadband Line Status

Line Mode G.DMT  Line State Show Time 
Latency Type Interleave  Line Up Time 00:00:16:48 
Line Coding Trellis On  Line Up Count 1 

Statistics                    Downstream            Upstream 
Line Rate                  1312 Kbps                448 Kbps 
Noise Margin            9.3 dB                      13.0 dB 
Line Attenuation      62.0 dB                    31.5 dB 
Output Power          15.9 dBm                12.4 dBm 

scootie
Grafter

@ Anotherone the king of all bt lines
yeah as oldjim has said the OP has not disconnected there unused extension wiring from the face plate.
but they have double filtered there phone and sky box tho
maybe the king can convince the op to remove the extension wire's from the face plate as there was a bit of an improvment in line stats when using the test socket
Anotherone
Champion

A touch of sacasm ASBO  Tongue  Wink , ha Jim, sorry about that, reading this thread was interupted several times, so I'd forgotten it was you by the time I got to the end Embarrassed
OK Frangal, just to clarify then, where are you plugged in at present?
Now here is an important tip - when you need to swap filters, sockets, routers etc. power down your modem/router first and wait several minutes before unplugging the line. I would advise to avoid disconnections/reboots more than 5 times with an hour and leave it alone then for the rest of the day. Otherwise the exchange DLM may think you have a line stability problem and raise the target SNRM (Noise Margin) which will limit your sync speed. Unfortunately this may already have happened once, but we'll see how things progress.
I take it from what you've said you didn't disconnect any wires from the back of the removeable faceplate?
Don't forget, you need to leave the modem/router on continuously (not the computer).
scootie
Grafter

A touch of sacasm ASBO

none at all intended.
i was hoping the queen would see the comment and give you an OBE for your services to ADSL Wink
Anotherone
Champion

Grin Tongue
Galrey
Grafter

A touch of sacasm ASBO  Tongue  Wink , ha Jim, sorry about that, reading this thread was interupted several times, so I'd forgotten it was you by the time I got to the end Embarrassed
OK Frangal, just to clarify then, where are you plugged in at present?
Now here is an important tip - when you need to swap filters, sockets, routers etc. power down your modem/router first and wait several minutes before unplugging the line. I would advise to avoid disconnections/reboots more than 5 times with an hour and leave it alone then for the rest of the day. Otherwise the exchange DLM may think you have a line stability problem and raise the target SNRM (Noise Margin) which will limit your sync speed. Unfortunately this may already have happened once, but we'll see how things progress.
I take it from what you've said you didn't disconnect any wires from the back of the removeable faceplate?
Don't forget, you need to leave the modem/router on continuously (not the computer).

At present I am plugged to the test socket. I ave removed the front panel and I am plugged to the test sockect. I have bought a ADSL Faceplate with built-in ADSL microfilter
but after having a look at it I better not touchh anything, I goin  to see if I can find someone who can fit it for me, no idea with wires, plus behind the plate there are 2 black wires
and I dont know the purpuse of it... So as I have said I havent touched the wires, and I am plugged to the test socket.
I'm just thinking, what about if I use another router a Belkin G+ I bought before I joined PlusNet?...anyway here are the readings from tonight:
Broadband Line Status @10.20pm

Latency Type Interleave  Line Up Time 00:09:48:30 

Statistics                      Downstream                Upstream 
Line Rate                      1312 Kbps                  448 Kbps 
Noise Margin                9.3 dB                          13.0 dB 
Line Attenuation          62.0 dB                        31.5 dB 
Output Power              15.9 dBm                      12.4 dBm 
Galrey
Grafter

Speed Test
Date                              Download Speed                                  Upload Speed 
Today 16:41              1003 kbps (125kB/s)                          378 kbps (47.3kB/s)
Today 09:21              692 kbps (86.5kB/s)                            314 kbps (39.3kB/s)
Today 01:09              690 kbps (86.3kB/s)                            363 kbps (45.4kB/s)
Yesterday 18:37      685 kbps (85.6kB/s)                            367 kbps (45.9kB/s)
Broadband Line Status @ 4.42 pm 
Latency Type Interleave  Line Up Time 00:06:40:14 

Statistics              Downstream            Upstream 
Line Rate              1344 Kbps              448 Kbps 
Noise Margin        9.3 dB                      13.0 dB 
Line Attenuation  62.0 dB                    31.5 dB
Output Power      16.0 dBm                12.3 dBm

Anotherone
Champion

You've lost sync there at some point - around 10.am. or the router was turned off overnight and switched on then.
Edit: Have you got a digital camera, you could take a picture of the wires to the rear of the faceplate and those black wires.  I suspect I know what is there but would like to see. You can add the .jpg attachment using the additional options button below the reply box.
Galrey
Grafter

You've lost sync there at some point - around 10.am. or the router was turned off overnight and switched on then.
Edit: Have you got a digital camera, you could take a picture of the wires to the rear of the faceplate and those black wires.  I suspect I know what is there but would like to see. You can add the .jpg attachment using the additional options button below the reply box.

You are right there...how do you know that?...Yes it happens quite often, I am conected to internet, and every so often the internet light goes off, and there is no way
I can connect again, so I have to shut down the router and after 5 seconds I will have to switch on again. I will take soe pictures and I will post the later.
Thank you!
scootie
Grafter

Yes it happens quite often, I am conected to internet, and every so often the internet light goes off, and there is no way

just the internet light or also the dsl light?