cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Broadband got cut-off

John123

My Broadband got cut-off

My phone line and broadband got activated a month ago. Since yesterday I was not getting my the internet connection and I called the customer service he asked me to reset the router and do the set-up of the wireless router. Since there was no improvement and then I called again today and found that my broadband was cut-off  since yesterday >:(.  ( he could not explain the reason)
It seems the broadband needs to be re-activated and I will be left without broadband for a week. Sad  . I understand from the forum that people experienced similar problem in the past when they port the number to Plusnet.
It is bit sad that these issues are being repeated...
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: My Broadband got cut-off

John123,
Being honest I can't see this being a number porting issue, especially if you have already had a working service with us. Either way I'm sorry that we were seemingly unable to tell you more about this when you queried the issue.
There is currently a ticket open with our provisioning team who will be investigating exactly what has happened so I really don't want to jump to any conclusions before the facts are in on this one.
What I can tell so far is that a PSTN cease caused the broadband to be canceled, this is usually somethig that happens when there has been changes made to the phone service (i.e it has been disconnected or maybe the number has chanted etc.)
Let me have a dig into this and I'll come back to you again with more information and more importantly I'll let you know what we can do to get things back up and running as quickly as possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

After looking deeper into this I can see that following the line being transferred to us on 25/6/10 an order was raised to change your telephone number, this went ahead on 14/7/10.
When ever a change of number occurs as I hinted to in my previous reply this will trigger a PSTN cease order which basically means that any existing services on the line such as broadband are disconnected. This is seemingly what happened in your case and I'd be extremely interested to know if this is something that you are either aware of or requested from us.
I have raised an order to reconnect the broadband service which should go through within the next 7 days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Just been listening to a local Restaurant, social centre , http://www.timbersrestaurant.co.uk/ who has been with (Excuse the swear) Opal, after being with BT for 20 years, now 1 year later, their number has been "snatched" they have had no customer contact for the last two week, The local BBC is looking into it and trying to learn Urdo.
Previous to the disconnect,, they had three postcards and a phone call from Opal(Talk-Talk) about her leaving to another ISP, she told them no I am not each time.
OFCOM have confirmed that here old number is in Limbo
John123

Adam,
Thanks for the follow up and reply.
I requested to port the number from other provider and job was completed around 15 days ago and the previous line/service was cancelled on 27th July (based on the internal communications). But there was no problem with Broadband service until 3rd August when it was suddenly cut-off without any notice.
I expected Plusnet to make arrangement to continue the BB service with the new number when the porting/switching was carried out two weeks ago. My account details on the site shows that ADSL was provided on the ported number since 27th July. So I still could not figure out why the BB service was cut-off after a week if the service already switched to the new number.
I believe there was some internal communication gap somewhere in the whole process and otherwise it should have managed without any glitch.
Finally I am left without intenet for a week !!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi John,
Looking further into this I believe we could have avoided this issue and managed this a little better. I'm really sorry for a bad first impression here, most regretful indeed.
I'm sorry we can't really speed up the ordering process but I will make sure that we apply a discount of a month's fee service when you have been re-enabled as I'm certain we owe you a good will gesture.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
John123

Hi Adam,
Thanks for the goodwill gesture. Since it takes around 7 days for the re-activation , I have started using my old payg mobile broadband dongle (which I thought I never needed) to connect to the internet. I found it very difficult without internet after getting used to the net for so long .
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi John,
I don't think you're different to anyone else in that respect Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team