cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house but needing temporary pause on contract

FIXED
CliveBowman

Moving house but needing temporary pause on contract

Hi. I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience and how it was dealt with by Plusnet?

I am due to move house on the 24th June and would like to continue with my Plusnet phone and broadband contract BUT we will not be moving into a new house for a few months, we will be staying with family (and using their internet). I have been advised there will be a termination fee of £191. I would have thought it would be possible to pause my contract until we find a new home and landline. I would also have thought it is even to Plusnet's advantage as it would be to retain me as a Plusnet customer?

Clive

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Moving house but needing temporary pause on contract

Hi Clive,

A warm welcome to the forums.

This needs a definitive answer from Plusnet staff, however there have been cases in the past where a customer has a delay in a property move.  In such circumstances it has been possible to place the move order to a known address but delay the move for a couple of months.  That avoids early termination charges, but if I recall correctly still incurs the existing monthly charges.

Things might have changed though!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Moving house but needing temporary pause on contract

Fix

Hi @CliveBowman, thanks for getting in touch.

I can confirm that our house moves team can indeed put an account on hold up to a maximum of 3 months during a house move process but I'm afraid if the pause is needed for longer than this then the account would need to be closed and another open when you're in the new property.

If there are early termination fee's due ot an ongoing contract at your current property and pause would be longer than 3 months then some customers in the past have opted into arranging a house move of the services to a friend or families property to continue/re-new the contract and avoid the early termination fee's this way.

The team which handle house moves and can assist you with any further queries you may have as along with arranging the move can be reached directly on

0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

I hope this helps.