cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTU help please

apjashley1
Grafter

Re: MTU help please

Richard you're on the right page I think, but not logged in. Click the login link on the top right and the buttons should appear...
(This screenshot is from an older router but the layout is very similar - ignore the red annotations)
RichardDNorth
Dabbler

APJAshley1 - thanks.
I have logged in to the Belkin router and found the front page stays the same - no connect button.
On the before and after ADSL speed snaps, I wasn't clear - sorry. I sent two snaps: the earlier from a slow period and the later from a post-reboot fast period. They are identical, if I recall. I'll send this but instantly check on the snaps I sent (I know, I'm thick: when I am in reply-mode I can't see the attachments of earlier posts...)
RichardDNorth
Dabbler

... and back again after a minute or so checking the supposed two snaps I sent from 190413. I actually only sent one snap, but the story's the same. The ADSL numbers did not change as between a mid-crawl snap and a post-reboot good performance snap.
RichardDNorth
Dabbler

Is this of interest? In a brief but standard go-to-crawl, the Belkin settings page has reported the date as being something or other in 1970. (The ADSL speed settings have remained constant throughout.) This date peculiarity has happened after previous crawl-reboot episodes and has sorted itself out over a few or maybe several hours.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Although your ADSL line stats are less than ideal, I'm not sure that's the main problem. It sounds like a buggy router really. There's a firmware update 1.00.52 dated 02/02/11 on the belkin website.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

In view of the fact that the ADSL stats are not changing when things slow to a crawl, I'm inclined to agree with ejs. Check your current firmware and if needed upgrade to see if the problem goes away. If not, do you have another modem/router or can you borrow one to try?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

What's the latest then RDN? Haven't broken your camera I hope!