cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost everything then my money too!

FIXED
Electra44

Lost everything then my money too!

This morning, having had no problems with my broadband since signing up, I was surprised to discover that my internet was down. I contacted Plusnet who informed me that the Post Office had incorrectly taken the line and my account had been closed. I explained that I had not done this and was told I had to make a new account. What I want to know is why it was so easy for someone else to steal my line and why I was not given notification of this by yourselves. I am autistic and this has caused me immense distress and then to top it off, you charged me over eighty pounds to re-establish the connection even though this was not my fault! Why do you shut people's accounts without asking or checking with that person? It is totally wrong and shouldn't be allowed! I am so upset and it could end up costing me more if I use up data during the week while I am waiting for the engineer to set my internet back up. Also what can be done to assure me that this will not happen again?
4 REPLIES 4
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Lost everything then my money too!

Fix

Hi @Electra44, thanks for getting in touch.

I am extremely sorry to hear your service has been incorrectly ceased at your property and no notification was sent to yourself in relation to this. It could be that someone has recently moved into a property near you and the incorrect address has been provided when they have signed up to a new provider. Alternatively if your property is broken up into different flats then again there could have been some discrepancy with the address if someone has signed up to another provider.

I've taken a look into the account for you and provided you more information here.

Let me know if you require any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Electra44

Please keep us posted on this issue, including anything plusnet charge you due to their error.

It should help keep Plusnet focused on your issue when its up in lights, and can help others who find themselves in similar situations.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Electra44

I'd just like to say a huge thanks for all your help. Today my internet has come back on and everything is back to normal. I live in supported living accommodation and someone else moved in and his Grandad ordered internet for him without knowing I was already using the line. Plusnet explained that BT didn't send the normal notification for whatever reason but have admitted fault and given me a full refund for the money taken. I now have a new, separate line and anyone else moving in will be told to be careful when ordering broadband! You've done me proud to quote your advert! 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Electra44, I am pleased to hear your services have now been restored and it's all working as expected. Thank you for getting back to us to confirm this.

If you do experience any issues, don't hesitate to let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team