cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing internet connection

rachelm
Dabbler

Losing internet connection

I've been having internet problems where the wifi connection to  a device repeatedly cuts off and I have to keep disconnecting and then reconnecting the wifi (on the laptop or smartphone) to get it back working again.  This can happen many, many times (eg sometimes having to do this every time I load a new page).  I also have problems using Zoom (I get messages saying that my internet connection is unstable, often everyone else will freeze from my point of view and from their point of view I've frozen, then when the wifi connection goes completely I go out of the meeting entirely) The one device I rarely seem to have any problems with is the TV (eg watching Netflix or youtube on there) - I'm not sure if that's because it is directly connected to the router rather than wireless or if it's something else.  Unfortunately most of my devices don't have the relevant port for a wired connection.  On the router the wifi and internet lights flicker on and off.  Any suggestions?  

1 REPLY 1
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Losing internet connection

Thanks for reaching out @rachelm and I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your connection. I've run some tests on the line which do indicate that there may be a potential issue with the network. A visual radius graph doesn't pick these drop outs up, however a Broadband line test appears to show errors on the line, on average every 274 seconds (over a 24 hour period). I'll pop both test results below so you can have a look. Smiley

Other than that though, the line appears to be okay, so going forward, I'd suggest going through our basic Troubleshooting Guide to see if you're able to resolve the issue sooner. When testing, if you can, remove the faceplate from your master socket, and connect your router directly into the test socket which lies behind it. Avoid using any extension cables / sockets as well.

If the issues persist, head over to faults.plus.net and raise this with our Technical support team.

** INTERNAL **

KBD
xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID: CBUK80360944 Service ID:  
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 14-08-2021 13:47:45
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: Unknown Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 12.6 24.0
SNR Margin: 8.7 3.8
Errored Seconds: 1 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 35 70
Speed: 944 18064

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 14752 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 11802
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86372 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 65
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 274
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED:
MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds