Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connection random

FIXED
dp3435

Losing connection random

Hello,

I'd appreciate some help with my plus one router.

I have a wired connection to a PC and several wireless devices.

At random times the blue light goes off and I get the orange one, sometimes with the 'b' under it.  This can be for a minute before it becomes blue again and other times for longer.  What's strange is that it can be on and off in quick succession and then fine again for days.

It seems to happen more during the day I think, so I have put up with it.  It did become a problem during lockdown.  

I can't seem to think of a reason / pattern for why it would do it - so I would suggest it's a router fault?

I'm not an expert with tech (7/10), but I am good at following instructions - so any advice would be great!  I've tried the generic FAQ ones.  I saw a similar post on here that had the same issue, which was resolved with a new router.

Cheers, Dave.

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Losing connection random

@dp3435 The symptoms you describe could be down to any number of reasons, but if you follow the below, Community members/Help Team staff will probably be able to resolve the problem.

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the HELP DESK tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Dave, I'm really sorry to see you're having connection issues.

I've just tested your line and the tests are picking up on a line fault, so I'd like to arrange an Openreach engineer with you to take a closer look. Could drop me a reply onto the ticket I've created Here with when you'll be available for a visit?

If you can post back once you've responded, I can make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dp3435

Thank you for the quick responses.

I have added my availability to the ticket.

I'm glad a fault has been detected - so hopefully we can get it sorted.

Cheers - Dave.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome. Cheers Dave.

I've just added a reply to the ticket 222814913 now.

Feel free to prod me again once you've responded.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dp3435

Thank you - done Smiley 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Cheers, I can see we've booked the engineer and updated the ticket 222814913 with the appointment details.

Let me know how it goes Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dp3435

Been meaning to post for a while - but I wanted to say thank you to the team for quickly organising the support and I have not had any issues since. 

Thanks again!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Marvelous! Thanks a lot for letting us know, that's great to see Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team