Did you mean: 

Just half a meg more

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Just half a meg more

Protocol G.DMT2+ is a change.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

and the Upstream is now uncapped...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran

but the all important D/S speed has dropped well below the critical 3Mbs Sad
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

In summary, so he is now on ADSL2+ (G.DMT2+)  with uncapped upstream and 6db noise margin.

The drop in line speed to nearer 2mb doesn't make sense.  It clearly happened since yesterday when still on ADSL1 too.
I am wondering if there is a fault somewhere.

BT hub faulty perhaps?
I wonder if it is worth suggesting testing both routers in Engineer's test socket to rule out internal wiring faults?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
robert1935
Grafter

Thanks for the input, I just looked at Annex A, so............. I am now on ADSL2+?
Everything is now as it was when I was on BT exactly, the speed has crept up a little, 2.08
Anybody wants to buy a smart TV  Roll_eyes

robert1935
Grafter

The drastic drop in speed only happened after according to PN  there was a blockage in the exchange, no access to PNs server? and I was told to disconnect the router wait 3/5mins then start it up again. result 1.8meg
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

do I turn the router off or leave it on.?
Turn it off. I wouldn't leave anything on ( except a freezer ) when I'm away!.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran

I suppose fibre is out of the question http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: robert1935
Anybody wants to buy a smart TV  Roll_eyes

I've spent half the morning looking at smart 3D tv's !
Is there any news in your area about FTTC ? I was "stuck" on a maximum 4-6Mb connection before a magic green box appeared near my property. I went from 5 years of relatively slow ADSL to 70Mb/s FTTC overnight.
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree here.
For how long have you been using the smart TV on BT  broadband?  Weeks, months, a year?
I'm just wondering whether or not it was just a recent acquisition just prior to moving to PlusNet.
ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
robert1935
Grafter

Hi zzZzz.
Been 2yaers with BT had the TV all that time, don't get me wrong when I first went to BT from TalkTalk my speeds were dismal, but BT were great the sent two engineers and between them they worked wonders considering all I want for Christmas is 3.1meg  Roll_eyes
They moved my master socket from downstairs ( replaced with latest model ) to within 3 feet of my PC upstairs, they upgraded the wiring in the green box which is nearly opposite my home, they put new cable from the post to my master socket, result 3.5+ megs and constant up to the day I migrated to PN  Cry Cry
robert1935
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
I suppose fibre is out of the question http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Not available  Sad
All my neighbors are all on higher speeds than me even a couple who are at the end of the village further from the exchange than me.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest following the Broadband Troubleshooter and see what the Plusnet 'faults' engineers can do for you - as they have access to detailed information about your exchange and connection.
robert1935
Grafter

Does this point to any problems
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you got the same SamKnows graph for a week either side of when you switched from BT to Plusnet ?