Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just connected at 16mb/s ... Now up to 22mb/s (Value) 462 metres from Exchange

puddy
Grafter

Re: Just connected at 16mb/s

Quote from: PlusComUK
Upstream increase not for me I'm afraid.
Spoke to a very knowledgable and nice technical chap, and by increasing my upstream, I lose some downstream speed.

Ring plusnet ask them how much you would lose.  If you do have you upload speed uncapped and you lose too much download speeds they will change it back for you.  Its not set in stone
Puddy
ps you will find the level of expertise on this site very good
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Baldeagle1
BT's Infinity checker said Fibre wasn't even planned for my area in the next 6 months!
Paul.

Hi paul
How did you find out fibre was availble if its not listed I would hate to miss out?. 
Although because I am so close to my BT exchange and my line goes direct in to it their no BT cabinet inbetween so I may lose out on fibre
puddy
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just connected at 16mb/s ... Now up to 22mb/s (Value) 462 metres from Exchange

Still getting around 17mb/s within the 10 day period.

18.7 !
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: Just connected at 16mb/s ... Now up to 22mb/s (Value) 462 metres from Exchange

Thats an impressively steady graph !
Not bad at all.. I Personally, would have the US uncapped too.
But thats just preference Wink
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Quote from: puddy
Quote from: Baldeagle1
BT's Infinity checker said Fibre wasn't even planned for my area in the next 6 months!
Paul.

Hi paul
How did you find out fibre was availble if its not listed I would hate to miss out?.  
Although because I am so close to my BT exchange and my line goes direct in to it their no BT cabinet inbetween so I may lose out on fibre
puddy

It was shown on Plusnets website in the phone No. checker in the Fibre Optics Arrives section
JamesM
Grafter

If you do lose downstream speed when having the upstream uncapped (very unlikely, as upstream and downstream use different frequencies

Jaggies, could this speed loss be down to having interleaving turned off then ?
I have read on a few forums that sometimes on ADSL2+ if you have interleaving turned off, then your line gets capped at a speed way less than what you should be getting.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I haven't heard of that, but anything is possible. I don't think Interleaving can be turned off completely on ADSL2+, but the depth of Interleaving can be increased or decreased. Unless you specifically need low pings for gaming, etc. then it's probably better to leave it on.
JamesM
Grafter

Gaming is the main reason I asked for interleaving to be turned off,
Before i had my interleaving turned off i was syncing around 22000 with a profile of 19000 but ever since having interleaving turned of the dlm has changed my snr target everyday and is now at 22 giving me a sync of around 9000

Looks like another PN patron  had the same thing happen, my noise margin hasn't changed though, it is still around 6 up and 6 down.
Anonymous
Not applicable

My download speed had dipped to around 15.8mb/s for the last two weeks, but for the past couple of days has risen again, to 16.7mb/s
http://www.speedtest.net/