cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its me again, with ANOTHER awful speed complaint!

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Its me again, with ANOTHER awful speed complaint!

Well I'm hoping he's giving it a go now  Huh
They say it can take upto 4 hours before it happens, but as he did it this morning it should have happened ages ago. But it normally happens very quickly.
Anotherone
Champion

What you need to look for in the stats is -
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:   1,155 / 4,216   ..........    the 4,216 change to something like 10,000  or more
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:   6.5 / 15.5 ............  the 15.5 to change to around  6.0
If/when you spot that, post back with the stats.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

In all honesty I doubt ill spot those stats anytime soon since I think the issue with my broadband still hasn't been fully fixed.
I think were going to need a member of Plusnet to sort why my speeds are so slow. Even after following all your instructions which i appreciate a lot we still haven't seem to nail what the problem is. Hopefully a plus net member picks this thread up because this problem doesn't seem to want to get resolved even after the countless troubleshooting.
Anotherone
Champion

The SNR Reset WILL sort your speeds out.  The problem has been nailed.  Your speeds are slow because the exchange DLM saw all your disconnection due to the problems of the interference and has raised the Target Noise Margin from the default value of 6 to 15. This results in much slower speed until ithe SNRM is lowered again. That's precisely what an SNR Reset does.
Patience.  I know it's frustrating, and I'm extremely disappointed that the reset hasn't taken effect, but BTw's systems do bloody well fail on occasions.>:(
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Hmm, well hopefully a plus net member can get that sorted out for me ASAP because 1 and half  years of these poor speeds is too long to handle!!!!
Anotherone
Champion

I quite agree with you.To save me looking back through all your threads and posts, when you had a BT Openreach engineer come, was it arranged by Plusnet? If so, I think they should complain to Openreach about him not doing his job properly. He should have replaced your Master socket with a proper NTE5 and the issue would have been clearly discovered after that.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Still should replace the master socket with a modern NTE5.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
I quite agree with you.To save me looking back through all your threads and posts, when you had a BT Openreach engineer come, was it arranged by Plusnet? If so, I think they should complain to Openreach about him not doing his job properly. He should have replaced your Master socket with a proper NTE5 and the issue would have been clearly discovered after that.

When the BT engineer came over we wasn't with Plusnet at the time as we where still in the process of moving in and we was also in the process of cancelling our broadband with O2 who where taking ridiculosley long to cancel. The sockets still needed to be wired up by the BT engineer so we could connect a phone line, which for some odd reason our landlord hadn't done for us prior to us moving in and now that i think of it I should've complained back then. But 2 years have passed now so…
As for the current situation Im still waiting for the reset to be done properly which will hopefully boost my speeds up. If I did happen to get a NTE5 socket installed would I have to pay for it or is it the responsibility of BT/Landlord (Housing Association)?
Anotherone
Champion

Kevin, that is now history and is currently irrelevant, and is something to be pursued if there are any ongoing problems after the SNR Reset, so your comment is unhelpful.
@ashrafmiah93
This is entirely BT OpenReach's responsibility BUT the way the damned system works (and Kevin should know that) UNLESS there is a failure showing at the time BTw or OpenReach tests are carried out they will not send an engineer without it being a chargeable visit. As you know from previous threads that's not likely to be the case. So if there is either an ongoing fault after this reset (which I'm not expecting) or you have some future fault, that will be the time for Plusnet to ensure OpenReach replace it free of charge under the normal service level agreement.
I have to say, not am I only particularly annoyed that this reset hasn't happened yet (it's not likely to be Dan's fault), but also annoyed that this current issue hasn't been wrapped up by now. Unfortunately things can go wrong on a busy Monday.
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi all,
For some reason the reset didn't complete but I've done another one and the circuit is looking a lot better now.
Dan.
Anotherone
Champion

Dan, that attached Status check still shows the downstream as 4216, so was that a before screenshot? If was an after, it's either not happened yet or failed again  Sad
DanHodby
Grafter

You're right, its failed again Sad
I'll see what the problem is and update you here shortly.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Cheers Dan! Hopefully it works this time.
dick:quote
Anotherone
Champion

Can you post TG582n Full DSL stats
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Uptime: 0 days, 9:01:24
DSL Type: G.992.3 annex A
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,184 / 4,272
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,163 / 4,216
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 75.06 / 663.18
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 18.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 21.0 / 37.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6.5 / 15.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 393,214 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0