cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with moving house

Lisanothappy
Hooked

Issues with moving house

Hi all, ive been with plusnet for years, never really had any issues, untill i told them in December 2016 i would be moving into my new house on 23rd January.
my broadband and phone should of went live on 26th January, well 26th January came and broadband connection didnt happen.
They have had to rearrange it again and it could take a while, also they said my house phone went live on 17th January with same number ive always had, which im confused about as i was still in my old house then.

Anyway i have no dial tone, they said they tested the line and no problems can be seen, well im sorry but im telling you i have no dial tone.
They are sending a engineer out tomoro, but warned me i could end up paying £65, why should i when ive moved into my new house expecting a working phoneline and broadband!

If i could cancel i would but im still in contract till nov!
What annoyed me the most was i spoke to a lovely lady on phone on 25th January and she promised me all was sorted and everything will work in morning, why lie to me.
Im paying them nearly £50 a month for what?
7 REPLIES 7
jrilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Issues with moving house

You'll only pay the £65 if it's found to be an issue inside your home such as internal wiring or your own equipment. That's how I understand it anyway!

So they made me do tests where I used the master socket to rule out extension socket issues, including using the test socket. That was for broadband though, I'm assuming it's the same for phone line faults. I've had a couple of visits and never been charged. 

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Does https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0 show your new address?

If not it wouldn't surprise me if they sent the engineer to the wrong address and tried to charge you for not letting him in!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Lisanothappy
Hooked

They asked me to do some test, i told them ive used a corded phone and a cordless phone, i also tried both phone sockets, couldnt use the test socket as i have two old single sockets that dont have them. If i go and plug my phone into my old house then house phone still works! Which ive told them this!
jelv
Seasoned Hero

@Lisanothappy

Have you checked if the correct address is shown on the link I posted?

Lisanothappy
Hooked

They sent the bt engineer to my old house! Really had enough now!
jelv
Seasoned Hero

That pretty much confirms that your account details still have your old address. Why didn't you contact them after my posts to make sure they were sending the engineer to the correct address?

Lisanothappy
Hooked

I have rung them so many times and spoken on live chat to them. They had my address mixed up, the last i spoken to them was bout 20min ago and they not sure how they got the address mixed, but they confirmed my phoneline is still active in my old house. A engineer is coming out tomorrow again and i have checked the address.