cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with connection

Jola

Issues with connection

Had problems with Internet since last wed eve Internet dropping out completely or very slow access. Have a double main socket. Checked phone line. Switched hub on and off. Currently no access any advice? Am working from home so reliant on Internet
3 REPLIES 3
Mel3

Re: Issues with connection

I've also been having this problem. The internet light keeps flashing and I've reset it about five times but still keeps just flashing.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Jola, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've been having performance issues with your connection as of recent. I can see when testing your connection from this side currently the profile on our suppliers side for your connection looks to be set wrong and currently this looks to be behind 0.10-0.20Mbps download you've been seeing your side. I've reset the profile for you which should complete straight away and this should show improvements to the speeds your side. Let us know how it goes and if this looks to have returned the connection back to normal for you.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Mel3, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've been having connection issues as of recent. I can see when testing your connection from this side and seen by the graph below the large number of drops you've been seeing which certainly hint something is our of place somewhere.

Our testing from this side however isn't highlighting any underlying cases to the drops so we'd recommend first of all running through a few internal checks your side as seen below which will help in ruling a few things out that could be behind this.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Let us know how it goes and if the drops look to persist in the above set-up.