Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PN's mail server secure?

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 6

Re: Is PN's mail server secure?

We initially did offer this but the process is rather messy on our side so instead we've offered all subscription customers a free .uk domain name and the ability to switch off the plus.com address which should serve the same purpose but without any of the hassle.
The free domain option is available until the 20th of this month (to register go to the Domain Name control panel on the portal) and you can switch off the plus.com address by raising a ticket.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Grafter

Quote from: dave
We initially did offer this but the process is rather messy on our side so instead we've offered all subscription customers a free .uk domain name and the ability to switch off the plus.com address which should serve the same purpose but without any of the hassle.
The free domain option is available until the 20th of this month (to register go to the Domain Name control panel on the portal) and you can switch off the plus.com address by raising a ticket.

I've just re-read the only 2 messages received from PN on the hacking problem, and I can't see any mention of the domain name thing. Maybe it doesn't apply to me?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I can't remember whether notice of this did go out as an email though I remember it appearing on the Member Centre page and being announced on the portals.  The notice disappeared from the Member Centre page once clicked, whether or not one did anything with the linked-to page.
You might find this quote helpful.
Quote from: Gary
Yes. I've just checked and the offer is still there under "Domain Names" if however you have clicked "Add Domain" in the past but not registered it you won't see the offer anymore but rest assured the next co.uk, me.uk or org.uk domain you try to register will be free.
David