Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction of Cessation Charge

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: Introduction of Cessation Charge

Quote from: puddy

So we should keep quiet and accept all costs that come our way and not complian or plusnet tell us sod off  and we are not allowed to make our opinions clear.
Nice one James
what a nice company plusnet is turning in too
Puddy

Puddy, Now let's see..... The choice is that either PlusNet pass the charge on to the customer who incurrs it  ,,,, or else, PlusNet absorbs the charge and spreads the cost across the customer base. It's as simple as that!
Now, which option do you support?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If I were to get a MAC and transfer elsewhere, there would be no charge.
I could then ask the new ISP for a MAC and sign back into Plusnet.
Finally Cheesy I could claim unsatisfactory service and cancel my subscription.
Would Plusnet levy a cease charge against a dissatisfied customer?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
What a company Plusnet is turning into?  That's a pretty harsh attitude to be honest, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Its poor customer service to tell a customer to sod off ie. the remark that our opinions dont count pay up or leave.
I thought a community site was setup so we could share our opinons and help other user.
Puddy
ps I did know Barry is a moderator and not a member of staff
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Wheel_nut
Puddy, Now let's see..... The choice is that either PlusNet pass the charge on to the customer who incurrs it  ,,,, or else, PlusNet absorbs the charge and spreads the cost across the customer base. It's as simple as that!
Now, which option do you support?

Plusnet should have told us in the unlikly event a customer leaves or the BT voice bill has a name changes you will have to pay a exit free but plusnet is such a good company to do with most wont ever have to pay this charge.
or
New customers will have to pay the costs from today
or
If customers leave within 1-3 years a exit fee will be charged on a sliding scale
It seems in these days customer loyalty counts for nothing  I have been with F9 since day one
puddy
Santiago
Grafter

Its poor customer service to tell a customer to sod off ie. the remark that our opinions dont count pay up or leave.

I would agree with that. There is a somewhat disturbing tone in this thread of "like it or lump it"
I thought a community site was setup so we could share our opinons and help other user.

So did I
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've covered the name change thing already - BT can (and do) change the name on a phine account without closing and reopening an account, for example a change of name due to marriage etc. I read your quote from the terms and conditions but don't know if that applies in all situations or indeed if it's in there just to cover them, should an account closure happen.
New customers will have to pay the costs from today

We can't say this - we have to give a minimum of 30 days notice for any changes made to our terms and conditions.
If customers leave within 1-3 years a exit fee will be charged on a sliding scale

Well we do offer the deferred contract on house moves, the charge isn't levied if you stay with us for the next 12 months (18 from the date we start to charge this cessation charge).
craigyoung
Grafter

There seems to be real confusion here between being able to voice your opinion and having all customer demands met.  Plusnet, as with all companies, have the right to provide a service and charge accordingly.  Customers have the right to buy the product or not. 
If no one like the charge, and everyone leaves, Plusnet goes out of business because they have not been competitive enough.  If no one leaves, then presumably customers feel Plusnet still have the best offering, even if not as good as before.
It is a free market on both sides and history will show whether Plusnet have got it right or not.. 
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

This is what makes no sense at all. If a customer has been with PlusNet for several years and has to cancel for some reason they have to pay the full cancellation charge but if you move house you don't pay the charge as long as you stay for 18 months. Surely that is unjust and unfair to long standing customers.
zubel
Community Veteran

I just have to clarify that my posts here are on a personal note, not an 'official moderator stance'.
I disagree with the cease charge.  
I have already contacted OFCOM to add my name to the list of complaints
I am willing to 'bear with' PN on their implementation of the cease charge, because I will not be having a cease on my line in the near (or far!) future, so it will not directly affect me.
I disagree that Plusnet should have to absorb this cost as it will mean price increases across the board, or the level of service suffering. I believe strongly that my subscription is paid for my benefit, and not to subsidise others.
I really believe that BT Wholesale have put their foot wrong here, and I hope that OFCOM will be able to force a change.
B.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I am frankly amazed that an extra £15 is another to cause a substantial profitability hit, considering that this only applies to customers who cancel (not transfer to another ISP or move house).
If a customer dies, then I presume you would collect £20 from their estate?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

James
Grafter

Hi Puddy,
Community absolutely is a place for discussion.  My role here today is to answer any questions and concerns that have been raised, which is what I've been doing.  Noone is stopped you discussing amongst yourselves what you plan to do, maybe even in a separate thread?  All I'm doing is advising you the terms under which the change to terms and conditions apply.
@ George
If a customer defers a house move, we're absorb the first cease charge, but if they then cancel after the 18 months have completed, they'll need to pay for the second cease.
FYI guys, there is no disguising this.  The cease charge is horrible.  We don't like it, but we have to cover it.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Jameseh

@ George
If a customer defers a house move, we're absorb the first cease charge, but if they then cancel after the 18 months have completed, they'll need to pay for the second cease.
FYI guys, there is no disguising this.  The cease charge is horrible.  We don't like it, but we have to cover it.

Yes but they don't pay the first charge (house move) but everybody else does no matter how long they have been with PlusNet and that is what I see as unfair. For instance I've been with PlusNet for five years yet if I cancel I have to pay £20. Can't be right!
pcriddle
Dabbler

So should my employer,  decide to post me to another part of the country again, I would be charged £20 for a moving fee, then possibly have to pay  BT, yet again, to put a phone line in at £120+ to possibly have to have a new set up fee being charged to gain internet usage once more, having to wait once more for my employer to post me somewhere else, and yet again having PN charge me yet again for a moving/cease fee, sounds a bit shite tbh  Shocked
How about, paying people £20 when you fail to make upgrades or downgrades, I'm sure it would all balance out in the end, I mean, it's not like you ever somehow forget or remove upgrades or downgrades from the system is it..... or is it.  Roll_eyes
fp
Grafter

Does anybody know what is actually involved in disconnecting a line.  Is it a 'software switch' or does someone have to physically do something in a junction box?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

An engineer has to go to the exchange and physically disconnect the jumpers from the DSLAM.