cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping out

sarahc0712

Internet dropping out

The internet has been dropping out for the past couple of days but today is unusable. Black light is shown on the router for internet but everything else is green
15 REPLIES 15
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Internet dropping out

Thanks for your post @sarahc0712 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues with your connection.

Line tests are showing what's known as a loop condition which is a bit like a short circuit somewhere.

How many telephone sockets do you have? If possible could you unplug everything from your telephone socket(s) and post back so we can retest your line?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sarahc0712

I only have the one. I will unplug now

sarahc0712

If you could check as soon as possible that would be great. I work for myself so not having internet connection means I’m struggling to work
timtheenchanter

I'm having exactly the same issue - I work from home too and live in an area ith zero phone signal, so without the internet connection I'm in the dark - I can't communicate in any way.  For the last day or two when the internet light is on it's very unstable and it keeps dropping out for no reason at all.  It's plugged into the master socket - which is my only socket - and I've tried restarting it several times.  I have calls scheduled that I'm having to cancel so please address this ASAP

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @sarahc0712, I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you and for the issues with your service.

Thanks for unplugging everything! I have retested the service and the loop fault is still being detected and so we will need to send out an engineer for you. I have created a fault ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219356219 please just reply with the requested information and if you give us a nudge on here once done, we can pick that up and progress it for you.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused to your work in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @timtheenchanter, I'm really sorry that you too are having issues with your service and for the inconvenience this is causing. I can understand the importance of the service especially if your area lacks good phone signal!

I have tested your line and the test has detected an error, so I have raised this to our suppliers for further investigation. As of yet an appointment isn't needed though this could change.

I have created a fault ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219357206 where updates will be added.

If you have any further queries in the meantime, just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
sarahc0712

Thank you I have replied
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks @sarahc0712

I've just responded to the ticket now,

If you can post back once you've replied I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sarahc0712

Next week isn’t good enough I’m afraid. I can’t afford to not be able to work for the next 3 days which will be 5 days in total. Very poor form not to offer engineers on a weekend
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@sarahc0712 It is BT/Openreach who don't offer the weekend engineers ( except in extreme cases), not Plusnet. So it wouldn't matter which ISP you were with.

John
sarahc0712

It’s taken them nearly a whole day to figure out that I even needed an engineer. I’m working from home, it’s not like I’m trying to stream Netflix all day
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @sarahc0712

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really to hear that you've been having connection issues. I've just seen the latest comment you've left on the open ticket on your account and have responded accordingly. Please feel free to give me a nudge on here once you've responded and I'll be more than happy to follow up.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Lhankin

I’ve been having lots of problems the past two days tried resetting and rebooting but still no joy.  Can you check and see if I have a fault too please!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Lhankin You should really start your own topic, but hopefully this will get picked up.

John