cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Speeds dropped from 70mb to 1mb ' Sheffield BTw fault ' since Thursday!

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Internet Speeds dropped from 70mb to 1mb ' Sheffield BTw fault ' since Thursday!

Yeah, we've spotted it with some of our monitoring and have escalated it,  😕
If it makes you guys feel any better, it's affecting our CIO AND our Head of Security as well Smiley
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Justin7
Grafter

Re: Internet Speeds dropped from 70mb to 1mb ' Sheffield BTw fault ' since Thursday!

If it's affecting those guys hopefully they'll be keeping the pressure on BT too!!
Any update yet ?Huh
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

There's not yet I'm afraid, we're continuing to chase this and adding further examples.
Justin7
Grafter

Thanks for the info.  I noted the estimated time to resolve has been pushed back again.
Cheers for chasing it along.
Justin7
Grafter

Speeds woeful again this evening.  Sad
Any new news yet ?!
AndyH
Grafter

I doubt it will be an instant fix given how long it has taken so far.
I know from prior experience, it can take a couple of weeks to sort out. Not exactly sure what they do (maybe have to order new hardware?), but I can see from the Infinity forums there are a lot of unhappy people. Seems to have also been a problem in parts of London.
As for AAISP not picking it up, I checked with them and they said they have no lines on that exchange so do not monitor it.
Justin7
Grafter

A couple of weeks of impossibly lagging gaming and low bit rate streaming will drive people mad!  You don't always realise how much you appreciate something until it's gone - this has been a reminder of the dial up days and why I don't want to live in the countryside yet !!!
AndyH
Grafter

I was getting 80-90Mb speeds and down to single figures about 7-8 months ago. I checked with some other ISP users on the same exchange (as did dave at PN) and it was clearly a capacity problem. It took around 2 weeks to be fixed. PN kept pushing for updates and nothing was forthcoming from BT Wholesale. Then one day, the problem was fixed. I don't even think BT Wholesale told PN - I think they found out from users on here.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Sad  Sorry guys.  We'll keep pushing on it.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Justin7
Grafter

Last week I thought it was going to be sorted as quickly as it had occurred, how nieve was I?!
Wouldn't it be nice if BT just said this is the cause and here is the solution which will be resolved by then? A little info goes a long way in testing times!!
Thanks Kelly- the more motivation you can give BT the better! Keep up the good work, we appreciate it.
🙂
pnuser
Grafter

Still affected here too .. sigh -- this is now far too long.
I had some sort of service first thing in the morning,.. total treacle from 4 pm  - now 144.4 Mbps
Significant effect on getting work done now.
never had this before the weekend.
I was at a workshop elsewhere during today with same laptop and got normal service.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

High ping, lots of disconnections today as I found zen service status report fault including my area code
http://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/fault-outage-details.aspx?reference=45679
http://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/maintenance-outage-details.aspx?reference=229504
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've just had an update that BT have changed some line cards out in the core that were seeing errors at the recommendation of the vendor and want to see if that's fixed the problem tonight.
Justin7
Grafter

Thanks for the update.
This sounds hopeful, looking forward to checking after work.
Will we need to reboot the fibre modem and plusnet router?
I'll post my findings.
Here's hoping it's sorted....
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You shouldn't need to no, although it shouldn't do any harm trying a single reboot later if there's no improvement.