cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Install

thecork
Grafter

New Fibre Install

Hi there, this forum seems like it gets good responses from the plus net team so I just wondered if this would be a good way to get a definitive answer to my problem (rather than sitting on the phone waiting!) History:
We decided to move from sky standard ADSL to plusnet fibre as it seemed like a good deal.  Using the website, checked we could receive fibre no problems, ordered and away we went, waiting for our installation day (last friday 8/11th). Received plenty of texts and mails confirming things were going swimmingly.  Woke up on Friday to discover our Sky broadband had been disconnected, excellent, must have been transferred over correctly.  My other half took the afternoon off work to wait for the engineer to turn up between 13:00-18:00, but nothing...no one turned up.  Fuming, we hit the phones, only to be told, sorry, that was cancelled as your house can't get fibre.  Wait, what?  No phone call, email or text, disconnecting our old service and then just don't turn up?!!  So after quite a bit of swearing between me and the mrs, and being bounced around a few departments, begrudgingly we have signed up for standard broadband with plus net (though completely pointlessly as we had a perfectly good adsl with sky which we would have stayed with if we had known).  All this time of course we don't actually have any broadband, because of course to order the new plusnet adsl takes up to 5 working days - activation date 18th november, loving not having any internet at home, not!
Ignoring this massive c0ck up on plusnets part and complete and utter rubbish customer service, one piece of information is still missing for me.  Why exactly does yours, bt's and sky's website, all say that we can receive fibre no problems, yet the order was cancelled for some unknown reason.  If anyone can help or point me in the right direction that would be great!
Adam.
50 REPLIES 50
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: New Fibre Install

Hi Adam,
I'm really sorry for the problems you've had with your provision of your fibre service. Please leave this with me and I'll just get this checked out for you. I'll be as quick as I can.
thecork
Grafter

Hi Chris, thanks.  This was ordered in my partners name, do you need details of this, phone numbers etc?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's fine, your account is linked to your Forum account.
There's been an issue when trying to place an order for FTTC at the same time as your telephone service too. I've spoken to one of the Provisioning guys and, if you're happy with this, we're going to get you up and running with ADSL and then we're going to pursue the FTTC installation and hopefully get that arranged for you.
thecork
Grafter

Hi Chris, thats great, thanks, as i obviously do want to have fibre!  Can you confirm that we can actually receive fibre then?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

According to the BT Availability checker - yes. We need to look at the Openreach side of things though which includes Cabinet (port) space to ensure there is enough room for us to provide you with a service at the Cabinet - we'll do this once your ADSL order has completed.
thecork
Grafter

That's great, thanks again Chris for your swift reply.  Hopefully ADSL will be up and running this week so I can at least get back online!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's just it, it's important we get you back up and running and at that point we can take a look at the FTTC options for you and get the ball rolling from there Smiley
thecork
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Today we have successfully got online today using the adsl router shipped to us last week.  Strangely, we received a mail this morning saying a BT engineer would be with us today to install fibre, could you please confirm what is going on here please?
Many thanks,
Adam.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Adam,
It seems that your product is on Fibre on our systems, that generated the email for you. I'll get this switched back over now.
thecork
Grafter

Thanks Chris.  Now we are up and running on adsl, what are the next steps at looking into getting the fibre sorted?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just placed a modify order for you to be moved onto Fibre. It's going to take around 24 hours for the order to get into the correct state for me to see what date an engineer has been allocated to come and complete the installation for you.
I'll revisit this tomorrow morning and let you know where we are with this.
thecork
Grafter

Thanks Chris that's great.  Hopefully it will go through this time and not get cancelled without telling us!  Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll make sure we get this sorted out for you one way or another - at least you have some form of connect now until we get you moved onto Fibre Smiley
thecork
Grafter

Cheers Chris, will be glad to finally get it sorted!