cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Problem Again

jedi
Dabbler

Internet Problem Again

Due to having internet problems a few weeks ago you decided to send me a new router box.

I now have the same problems again, internet not working all the time. The internet stops about 4 times a day now.

Is it possible to have someone to come to my house to sort out the problem out?

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Internet Problem Again

Hi @jedi I've just checked over your account and the connection logs are looking a lot better now and show that things have settled down 

How's things been on your side for the last couple of days?

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Internet Problem Again

@jedi 

Have you run the fault checkers?  See the links below.

What diagnostics have you run?

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket (ideally this should be a corded phone). The line should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below. NB: You need to put your LANDLINE NUMBER after "PHONE" [missing instruction].

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.