cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Issues when browsing

Martyntuttiett
Hooked

Internet Issues when browsing

Hi, I am constantly having issues with my internet connection when browsing., I use Wifi.  When I click on a link or google something the page will start to load and then stall at about a tenth of the way, no matter how long I leave this the page will not load. I have had my computer checked and there is no issue with the computer If I turn off my internet connection on my computer and then back on again this solves the problem, however I have to do this multiple times a day. A further issue is sometimes it takes a minute or two for my computer to connect to the internet, very inconvenient, especially as I work from home.

Any help would be appreciated

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Internet Issues when browsing

@Martyntuttiett Welcome to the forums. A couple of questions - (1) are you on an ADSL or FTTC connection - what is your average speed and (2) how long have you been a customer?

When did this issue materialise?

John
Martyntuttiett
Hooked

Hi, I am ADSL, speed unknown, I have been with Plusnet approx 18 months, issue has been going on for about 1 month

jab1
Legend

OK. To try and sort this may be a little long-winded unless a PN Help Team member picks it up - I'm only a Community member with no access to the Plusnet systems - can you firstly post your routers Help Desk details?

John
Martyntuttiett
Hooked

Hi where do I get the routers Help Desk details?

jab1
Legend

Hub1.PNG

If you click on the 'Troubleshooting' tab as in the above picture, it should open the required page -copy it, obscure any personal details and then post it.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Might not have a hub one - only recently been handed out to ADSL customer iirc.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend

true - but I thought the hub zero was similar. Don't know, because I've never used either.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to our community forums @Martyntuttiett

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your broadband. 

If you can private message me your account username, we'll be happy to take a closer look for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet