cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Innovox Voice Bridge

DazzaH

Innovox Voice Bridge

I use a Innovox Voice Bridge which directs my incoming fixed line calls to my mobile. This has been working fine for a few years until I moved my service to Plusnet, and now every time someone rings nothing happens until the caller hangs up, then the Plusnet modem restarts itself, switching off the internet. Then once up and running I get a message on my mobile telling me I've missed a call? Does anybody have any idea, I think it could be a setting in the new Plusnet box?

8 REPLIES 8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Innovox Voice Bridge

Which ISP did you move from, it may be possible to reuse your existing router to confirm if the new router is the problem ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DazzaH

my old ISP was Vodafone, I will try their old box - thank you

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Im not sure if the Vodafone router is 'locked' to vodafone. To use it on PlsuNet you will need to be able to change its PPPoE settings to use your plusnet username/password.

TBH i was hoping you were moving from BT as theire routers can be configured easily fro Plusnet

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cancunia
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I was curious about this device so I did a bit of reading. Is it this what you have?

https://www.ligo.co.uk/blog/invoxia-voice-bridge-review/

I'm wondering if there's a firewall / port forwarding issue on the PN router preventing the VOIP from the bridge reaching the Internet or maybe something coming back to the bridge from the mobile app? 

DazzaH

I think that may be the case, as my old router with vodafone had no issues, I will try the old router as I don't know what I'm looking for in the new one. Yes this is the voice bridge I have, great bit of kit when it works

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@DazzaH  check that your Plusnet firewall is off https://www.plus.net/member-centre/broadband/firewall

( you will need to login to the member centre )

If you have to change the setting then you will need to disconnect/reconnect the PPPoE session ( or reboot the router )

DazzaH

Thanks for your reply, I have switched the firewall off on the box, and then restarted it, but as soon as an external call comes in it still switches off the broadband, the box light goes orange and it reboots itself, very strange. I have a fibre SSFP as the master socket, so its split as source so don't need the filters.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @DazzaH I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems with calls through your Innovox Voice Bridge.

I've tested your line and we're detecting a potential fault at the exchange on the Openreach network so I've reported this through to our suppliers now and we've been advised of an estimated response time of by 19/11/19 23:59:59 for an engineer to go out and investigate further. Can you let us know how it goes over the next few days?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet