Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile plummeted to 0.75Mbps

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: IP Profile plummeted to 0.75Mbps

@Anotherone.  I suggested a resync as the OP is NOT on a long line so it would certainly do no harm. It does indeed look like a stuck bRas profie. Not sure what PlusNet did previously but the SNR reset would probably not achieve anything.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Sorry, the SNR Reset had it been successful should have resolved the issue, but in any event, the way your previous post here was phrased, less knowledgeable readers would have been thinking it was quite OK to do a reboot on their line which is why I phrased my post as I did with the information that I did.
AndyH
Grafter

It used to be that resyncing with the DSLAM would send the downstream line rate to the BBCR and then within an hour, the bRAS would update the correct IP Profile. Not sure if it works like this anymore though.
I suppose it depends what the downstream connection rate is on the line at the moment.
shure
Grafter

Thanks all for your help so far.  Just going through the '80s CD on the helpline at the moment.  Not sure "Don't you want me baby" is the right track to have while on hold on a helpline but it seems someone has a sense of humour! Grin
shure
Grafter

I'm a little bit flummoxed here as Support are now telling me they can't do anything because their system shows my line speed at a healthy 7.15Mbps.  So what do I do now?  Is there anyone from Plusnet reading this?
Anotherone
Champion

This has been flagged to a CRT member as I posted earlier so ignore the CSC call. Mind you CRT may wish to pass on some "Feeback" to the agent who took your call.
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: AndyH
It used to be that resyncing with the DSLAM would send the downstream line rate to the BBCR and then within an hour,

Totally unnecessary these days, and the sync drop can slow down the potential speed of the profile rise.
shure
Grafter

Hi Anotherone,
apologies, I didn't realise from your post that CRT had already been informed.  I thought it was advice for me to call them and do so!
CSC said that it might take up to 72hrs before anyone gets back to me Cry
JTaylor
Grafter

Hi Shure
I'm really sorry for the problems that you're facing.
I've had a glance over it already and can see this has been escalated to a manager. They just told me they'd be looking to call you in the next 20-30 minutes, all being well.
The SNR went through successfully and will continue with the stabilization period until 26.1.15 but it does look like the BRAS profile is stuck.
I've sent a couple of emails off to look into this but it will be clarified by the manager on their call back.
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks Jack. It'll be interesting to hear what the explanation/reason is. Certainly years ago on 20CN, a new connection had a default bRAS Profile of 2M for 48hours. I'm wondering that on an SNR reset about the possibility of it retaining the previous profile for 48hrs in which case we may expect a change sometime after 5pm ish today - or whenever time it was that the reset actually happened. I can't say that I've ever paid sufficient attention to 20CN SNR Resets to note how quickly or when the IP Profile updates Embarrassed
shure
Grafter

Thanks Jack,
A manager did call and said it was being actioned today. 
I understand it will take a while for my line to regain my original profile.  Any idea when I'll start to see a difference?
shure
Grafter

well, I was promised a call from the Faults team today but so far haven't heard anything.  I'm assuming they don't work this late but one may live in hope!
My IP profile hasn't changed at all so I'm resigned to another evening without proper broadband and getting the evil eye from my son and daughter because they can't do any gaming or go on Facebook or YouTube.  Sigh.  Hopefully tomorrow someone will do as they promised and give this some attention.  It's certainly not fixing itself! Cry
Anotherone
Champion

What a ******  Sad
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you weren't called back  Undecided
I've contacted our suppliers and got them to change the profile manually.
It can take a couple of hours to take effect but if you test it later on it should be fine.
Let us know if the speeds are still poor.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
shure
Grafter

Result today!  Just checked and my IP profile has finally been freed from the sub-1Mbps dungeon.  Speeds are back up to a much more healthy 6.78Mbps and my profile is back to what it was.  So thanks to the silent efforts of the PN team, even if they didn't call me!
1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download  Speed
6.78 Mbps

0 Mbps 7.15 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 6.78 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps