Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm confused... I thought I knew how BT's BRAS profiles worked

godsell4
Rising Star

Re: I'm confused... I thought I knew how BT's BRAS profiles worked

Quote from: gyre
Yup.  That fixed it. ...

PN are ostrich like when it comes to this issue, they had it ever since MaxDSL was implemented.
Sometimes for some reason the PN systems do not provide the speed stated on the portal.
You do not need to reboot your router or unplug the phone line, both of which could cause you to sync below 2272kb/s and cause you problems again. Your router is likely to have the option to 'Connect' and 'Disconnect', this will drop the LCP/PPP connection to PN, when you reconnect the RADIUS systems see you login to PN and sets your profile correctly again back to 2Mb.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
gyre
Grafter

Yup, it does.  I shall use that instead.  Good call Smiley
-- gyre --
owlguard
Grafter

Hi mate,thanks for that information.I have been told that it should all fall into place in a day or 2,if there is still no problem on my line,then i should get back my 2000 setting.I must admit that trying to get the difinitive info about wether or not to restart your mod/router or not and what is the very best or worst thing to do,has driven me mad these last couple of weeks.People talking about blip logic,which at this time i believe has been upgraded to another type of quick acting/thinking new system,as we speak.Bottom line half the time i think,is Bt and everone else,hasnt a bloody clue how and when this system does or doesnt work.Its a bollocks up and thats the truth,everyone knows plusnets life and our enjoyment would be improved if we hadnt got to give them hassle sometimes about speeds,snrs and resyncs,blah,blah,blah.Hope we dont get any thunderstorms,sandstorms from africa,general diteriation of the world water levels and a sunami or anything and if we do,it might give us something more exciting to do than sitting in front of the dreaded screen for a fortnight checking wether or not your sync speed has gone back up again.
                                                                              kindest regards and of course up the owls for sunday. Crazy
zubel
Community Veteran

Hi Owlguard,
I posted last year about restarting your router and to be honest, there is no 'right' answer that suits everyone.
The linked post may be worth a read though Smiley
B.
owlguard
Grafter

Hi again barry z,I wasnt meaning any desrespect at all mate,you were very helpful and im very greatful for your help,i think all i was trying to say is,evryone including you and plusnet try there best for the customers but it seems that this broadband lark,just isnt  a 100% exact science at times.
                                                                            regards ray. Smiley