cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub1 Ethernet ports

steveblue

Hub1 Ethernet ports

Dear Sir/ Madam

I have purchased an item of electronics ( Mass Storage Device, 2TB Music Server) which requires an Ethernet cable connection. It does not work. I have a limited time period to return the item to the vendor.

So. The equipment is recognised wirelessly using an app (recommended) from where I have obtained the IP address and searched this which has given me my Plusnet Hub Manager. Checking the network devices the Ethernet has no devices found.

I have a HUB1 router connected. Wireless is working fine.

I have changed the cable, it is a 2metre cable run which has worked previously before wireless connectivity.

I have changed Ethernet sockets and have connected the PC with the same result. No Ethernet devices found/ connection not recognised.

I have entered the HUB Advanced settings and refreshed and checked the UPNP is ‘ON’.

I have turned the Hub off and on repeatedly during the different swaps and also done several Hub restarts on the Hub and Hub Manager page.. This was much to the annoyance of the wife who was watching a streamed television programme

How do I activate the Ethernet ports?

Your advice please

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Hub1 Ethernet ports

@steveblue  Welcome to the forum.

When you say you have restarted the hub do you mean that you have pushed a paperclip or similar in the factory reset hole and kept the switch closed for 30 seconds? If not then this is the first thing to try. Note that it might take 10 minutes or so for it to restart. If after that the Ethernet port doesn't work on wither the computer or new unit then it sounds very much like your router has partially died on you.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

steveblue

Re: Hub1 Ethernet ports

Baldrick1 thanks for the prompt reply. yes reset twice via the small hole plus and also reset button on top of unit and on hub1 manager. thanks