Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to change Profile

Tom2notwireless
Grafter

How long to change Profile

Hi,
I am hoping some one at support can tell me how long it takes for a Profile to return to its previous setting.
I ran a speed test with the BT Speed Tester and it shows my Profile as 2742Kbps a while back it was 3000Kbps.
I am aware of a few disconnections my end which has now been resolved, I rebooted the modem/router this afternoon to achieve best Sync, it was off for 30min from 2.10pm until 2.40pm.
I got a Sync rate of 3616Kbps.
ThinkBroadBand speed test shows an average download speed of 2.2Mbps with the current profile, before it was 2.6Mbps with a Profile of 3000Kbps.
Also according to BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker my line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 3.5Mbps, can anything be done to
improve my 2.2Mbps, for which I pay £15.99 per month  Shocked I am getting to the point now of thinking of maybe going elsewhere for my broadband.
Line Stats:
Noise Margin 5dB Downstream
          "      18dB Upstream
Atten  54dB Downstream
    "    31dB Upstream
DSL Rate 3616Kbps
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: How long to change Profile

I guess that you are on 21CN but on ADSL1 which will explain the stupid IP profile.
I am reliably informed that BT will be rolling out a fix on the 9th October so that the IP profile will be reported correctly.
It is very possible that you are on a 3000 profile and one quick way to check is to got to here and look at current line speed. If it is 3000 then my supposition is correct. (of course it could still be 2,500)
However despite that and the fact that my profile is reported as 3291kbps but Plusnet assure me that all the other BT systems say it is on 3,500 speed tests still show speeds nearer what I would expect from a 3291 figure
I would suggest waiting until the 9th and see what happens - this is the thread where it is being discussed http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88870.0.html
I suggest starting at the last page and working backwards
Tom2notwireless
Grafter

Yes I have found out I was moved to ADSL1 a while back also I am on a an old PN deal Your Way Option 2 15GB download limit and have just found out I could have been on a cheaper  Roll_eyes package of PlusNet Extra whcih is only £11.40 per month and 60GB limit I need to change....
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you are in a Market 3 exchange
Tom2notwireless
Grafter

Yes Market 3 exchange