cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hold on to your hats, it's a white knuckle ride at ...0.92 Mb/s

kcrussell
Dabbler

Re: Hold on to your hats, it's a white knuckle ride at ...0.92 Mb/s

I did try the test, and it just returns a message saying that "an error occurred during testing" when I run further diagnostics.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Just tried it myself on my line...and its not working either!!Angry

What is the PN profile showing?Huhhttps://www.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

kcrussell
Dabbler

Estimated line speed:There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.

Current line speed:2 Mb

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

So there is the problem .....presumably when PN altered your PN profile back up, your line disconnected more frequently causing the BT profile to drop (as the SNRM was adjusted upwards) and the PN profile has just followed downwards again.

Afraid you are going to have to follow PN's fault reporting procedures, as it looks like there is a fault somewhere.

kcrussell
Dabbler

So how do I report a fault? I phoned up Plusnet and was informed it would take at least 15 minutes to answer my call. Unfortunately I can't spend 15+ minutes on the phone at the moment waiting to see if they answer.

Chat is uselss to me for two reasons:

1. I'm at work, and it doesn't work.

2. I have used Chat from home previously to discuss problems, and the Plusnet chat staff refused to raise a ticket from Chat. They told me I had to go through the telephone service to get the fault actioned. This was extremely frustrating, because I had provided all the details of the problem, but they simply refused to formally investigate it. All they would do is "chat"

The Plusnet call centre automatic message says "You can raise a ticket online". I have searched the Plusnet website and used Google, and I can see no page that offers me the opportunity to raise a ticket. I assume I'm overlooking the obvious here, so can anyone help me out and explain how I raise an online ticket, please?

Plusnet customer support just feels like it is designed to be opaque and deflect customer contact, rather than facilitate resolution.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Haven't had a fault for a while but think you have to follow this :- https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults

kcrussell
Dabbler

Thanks for replying, just to update, I followed the service link and did manage to get a fairly prompt response. My speed profile was raised again, and I have had relatively good service for a a couple of weeks. Unfortunately I'm back in the same situation again now, and have just had to go through customer support to raise another fault...