cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has there been another outage?

MichaelJ
Grafter

Re: Has there been another outage?

Obviously, you will no doubt say, i am not a computer person. Unsure of tales by both sides (bt and plusnet) i rang ten friends who have a similar district code. Only one of them was experiencing similar email problems. And they were the only one with a certain ISP. Guess who? It begins with p and ends with t. Suggest anything to you? Just a word to any plusnet people watching this thread. Can I suggest that you follow the example of George Washington. if you are caught with a axe in your hand the best policy is to own up. 
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MichaelJ,
Sorry to hear you're having difficulty with your email. If you can raise a ticket with specific details about exactly what happens, when it started and which email address it is affecting (including the email client you use - I know you've mentioned that here but should still mention it in your ticket for completeness) then it can be looked into more comprehensively for you.
Jojo Smiley
MichaelJ
Grafter

Well, its all okay now. But I have to say all the logical evidence points to where the fault was. That's up to Plusnet if they want to take customer info seriously
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MichaelJ,
[quote=MichaelJ]That's up to Plusnet if they want to take customer info seriously
AFAIK The first post you made about this was at 17.26 yesterday and we finish here on the forums at 17.30 so the first chance we had to respond was this morning. You have not raised any tickets on your account or contacted the support center. So I can't see where we didn't take you seriously. I can assure you that if you would have raised a ticket or called our support line they would indeed have taken your issue seriously.
I'm glad it's all sorted for you now though.
Jojo Smiley
MichaelJ
Grafter

it's obvious from many of the replies and comments on here - some a bit intolerant of us 'thickies' - that you have many techno wizards. Well, fine, but let me speak for, as they say, the silent majority. We know very little about the technical side, but one of the reason so many left other ISPs was their form-filler, reporting mania. If you know about a problem - regardless of the source - why do we have to then go through some official channel. Isn't one of your selling points being a friendly supplier without the 'pass-me-on' attitude. I have to disagree with the input of your reply. But it doesn't matter. I'm not here to art a war, just to make a gentle comment. Don't get like so many other ISPs where there is so much red tape. Enough said. Enjoy. 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

we are not treating you as a thicky, you have had repeated request for answers, including from the staff, who can help, so far you have completely ignored what we have said
MichaelJ
Grafter

You miss the point. Plusnet have ALL the info I possess to track down any problem their end. Filling in a form will add nothing. The end. Have a nice day
pierre_pierre
Grafter

JoJo who is very capable has asked you for information so that she can help.
as have a lot of other people, and from what JoJo has said you havnt raised a ticket. so stop waffling and just respond
MichaelJ
Grafter

pierre stop ordering people about in your ever so superior manner. get this, i am not a form filler. if a company already knows of a problem why do they want the same info in duplicate. are you a civil servant? now, goodbye my pedantic friend
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well we have tried to help you, no one has asked you to fill in any form, just a ticket to say you have a fault.
Be it on your head, just keep on getting your supposed fault
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi michealj,
I think pierre_pierre is just trying to help. As you are probably aware, we have many channels of support, so in order to help customers who are experiencing difficulties we need them to convey, either by phone or through the other various written channels, exactly the problems they are having. The outage will not have affected the email issue you had, and I'm afraid we can't know without more information (considering you have a few email addresses) we cannot readily diagnose any issues without more information from you. My request was just for more information so I could help you as we weren't aware of any outstanding email issues. Any issues we are aware of will be posted on our service status page.
Thank you,
Jojo Smiley
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

To put it another way......
"Excuse me, Officer, I am lost," 
"Oh , right, where do you want to go"....
"I`m not telling you that, you should know,.... you are  the local bobby, and you know the area.... "
"well,, sir, If you don`t want to tell me what your problem is, I can`t help you.
"I have told you my problem...... I am lost"...
"well sir, Where do you want to go....."
"I`m not standing here all day filling in your little notebook, I just told you , I`m lost.... you sort it out..."
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@Shutter, Should of got a compass and a map!! Cheesy
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

MichaelJ: You may be used to seeing PN responses on here most days, but:
  • The digital care team work standard office hours, Monday to Friday and not bank holidays.
  • Tickets and the phone lines are dealt with 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
  • Very few of the PN staff ever look at these forums whereas I'm guessing there's well over 100 staff in CSC.
  • There's nothing to say that the digital care team have to look at these forums - those of us who have been around some time can remember periods when many days would pass without any sign of anyone from Plusnet
  • There's nothing to say that they will read every topic/post - there's nothing to for example show JoJo all the posts that Adam hasn't read
  • EVERY fault raised will be looked at - the ticketing system will ensure that
  • If a problem needs raising to BT it can't be done without a fault being raised on PN's system - so they'd be asking you to do that anyway
    I'm sorry, there's no way to say this politely: if you want an issue looked at stop being a prat and raise a fault through the correct channels. Sometimes you can expedite things by posting the ticket number of the fault on here.
    You may think I'm attacking you, I'm not - it's just sound advice on how to get issues resolved.
  • jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
       Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
    Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
    Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
    Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
    qdos747

MichaelJ, you get used to this with Plusnet - 9 times out of 10 you get a know-it-all in the CSC and if not you get (unpaid) know-it-alls on the forum.
    The best thing if there's a problem is to let someone else complain rather than stress yourself, hence this yesterday;
    Current calls waiting
    Longest call waiting now
    28 minutes and 32 seconds
    Also - don't rock the boat else they'll ban you off the forums.  Hope this is more helpful than what has come previously Smiley