cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else 'transferred' from John Lewis to Plusnet and if so how long did it take them ?

fb1

Has anyone else 'transferred' from John Lewis to Plusnet and if so how long did it take them ?

On 9th Nov I arranged with Plusnet to 'switch' broadband from John Lewis to PN,  they then took a months pre-payment for my future Plusnet Broadband and told me they would send out an improved Plusnet Router. The new improved Plusnet Router arrived a couple of days later, but it's still in its box because I am waiting for them to email me to say plug it in....am I missing a trick, should I just plug it in?

My JL service has been problematic for the last month and I am keen to try a better router.  Nothing else is going to change when I switch, I've been told that I'm already on the fastest broadband.  So I am wondering what is the hold up with switching me over? I can see that PN website states "We'll arrange for your broadband service to be switched to us. This will take a minimum of 10 full working days to complete. Your broadband should carry on working with your current provider until the switch is completed."  But in my case , what's else is there to arrange? As a John Lewis customer I'm already on the  Plusnet broadband, I have the new router....  how much longer will I have to wait ? 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Has anyone else 'transferred' from John Lewis to Plusnet and if so how long did it take them ?

Plug the router in and see what happens!!
fb1

Re: Has anyone else 'transferred' from John Lewis to Plusnet and if so how long did it take them ?

Just had an email saying they’ve done the transfer !! .. Fingers firmly crossed