Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has BT Changed BT SpeedTester ?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Has BT Changed BT SpeedTester ?

The "older" BT speedtester at www.speedtester.bt.com still works & note that it also has the button for the Beta tester which is the Flash version now running at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
The Beta (flash) doesn't require Java RTE, and is the identical tester to the new one, just a slightly different GUI with the new one giving the option of a further Diagnostic test (also not needing Java RTE) and an output identical to the old test.
You can run the Beta or new Flash basic test as often and frequently as you like.
It is the Diagnostic test that is limited to 10 minutes intervals and 3 within an hour - whichever Diagnostic Tester you use.  Although the Diagnostic testers seem to be different (subject to some further checks) the output data is obviously interrelated on the server as if you have used one you can't use the other within 10 minutes. I had noticed the removal of the 1 hour restriction between tests on the old tester here.
I also noted I got an identical result from the new tester on the Basic test and then the Diagnostic test in one instance!
Like all speedtesters, it can give erroneous results occasionally - on one Basic test I got a speed just faster than my IP profile - ha ha!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable