Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware delivery?

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Hardware delivery?

Hi
We upgraded to unlimited recently. Now I notice on your main homepage you say there is a free 1 port router or wireless router sent. I had assumed this was only for new customers to be honest and frankly we're not really fussed about having any new hardware as we've got our own router and wireless setup etc.
Anyway.. I was looking in the portal this morning after being sent an email from the other half saying it's an 18 month contract and I noticed that the order says hardware has been sent with a reference S1ST CLASS!
Now we did a long time ago join up and get send a usb modem but I wouldn't of thought that you could still be taking payments for that? - We've been with you for what... just under 3 years.
So.. I'd like to ask what the real deal here is because on the home page you state that if you move, cancel etc within 12 months on unlimited then the customer will haev to pay fees but if you stay for 12 months or longer they'll be waived. We've been put on an 18 month deal and apparently got hardware with this new order which has never been received (and we didn't get asked if we wanted it either yet alone which one of the two routers!). As mentioned above we're not really in need of any hardware just a reliable connection so I'm struggling to see whats with us getting an 18 month sentence when other new customers are only expected to stay 12 months - and we've at least been a loyal customer (even if I've been remarkably grumpy about it).
Can someone explain please?
Thanks
PS: I'm actually pretty impressed with unlimited so far.. In truth I had lost hope with PN a long time ago but now I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel with you guys... and it only cost a couple of quid to upgrade too - there was me thinking it would be an extra £20...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
14 REPLIES 14
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Hardware delivery?

Its an awkward time to ask on a Saturday, the one who is most likely to ans is JameseH, not in till Monday, but the router is on a deferred charge, i.e. if you stay for I think 12 month you dont pay.  ~In October for the existing customers, who had to be given 30 legal notice, the contract period will in effect be only 10 days.
You could phone up and ask, with luck you might get told the correct answer.
Be3G
Grafter

Right, I can see what the problem is here - well, part of it anyway. What's happening okrzynska is you're getting confused between the current T&Cs of your package and the new ones that'll come in to effect in late October. At the moment, you are indeed on an 18-month contract. However, when the T&Cs change all such contracts will cease to be; instead, they will change to cases of deferred payments - meaning you can leave at any time, with only 10 days' notice, provided you pay the full price for anything you've been given during the prior 12 months - such as free hardware. As for not receiving the hardware so far, that's probably Royal Mail's fault - there've been lots of small strikes all over the country in recent weeks which will no doubt have delayed things.
7up
Community Veteran

Yes but the upgrade didn't even ask if we wanted wireless or just a one port router. As far as I was aware we wouldn't be sent anything because we didn't need it.
I'm already running into huge speed problems on unlimited too. Pages that take in excess of 30 seconds before they even start to download... I'll get shot when my partner finds out we're getting a worse service. Admittedly I've not had any ftp problems yet though.
I suppose it is early days and it could just be coincidence but these slow pages times have happened at least 4 times today. Thats definitely not good considering this is apparently broadband.
7up
Community Veteran

Quote from: pierre_pierre
You could phone up and ask, with luck you might get told the correct answer.

LOL
7up
Community Veteran

bump
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

They don't supply a one port router just the Thompson 585v7
7up
Community Veteran

10. What hardware is included?
You can choose from either a 1-port wired router or a 4-port wireless router when you sign up.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That information in the FAQ is wrong - look at the information on the new packages
Go to the home page http://www.plus.net/?home=hometop and click on more information for any of the packages and you will see something like this
7up
Community Veteran

Still says there is a 4 port wireless...
I don't need or want it.. I just want to know where we stand with our 18 months and any other charges which in reality shouldn't apply to us.
Also the FAQ may be wrong but that popup window still says to refer to it if you want to know more.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

This isn't the official support route - if you want to ensure you aren't getting a router do what was suggested 2 days ago by pierre_pierre ring up and sort it out
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Apologies for duff information - during the sign up process you do get the option
7up
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
Apologies for duff information - during the sign up process you do get the option

No.... no you don't... at least not if you upgrade anyway. Somehow though we're still on an 18month contract with costs to pay if we leave early... despite no equipment!
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
We've not sent you any new hardware as part of your upgrade, the hardware you see mentioned in the portal is from 2006. It looks like it was never confirmed as being delivered, hence the status (I can fix this for you if you like, but the deferred contract expired ages ago, so there's nothing to worry about in terms of charges).
Regarding the contract, the email incorrectly states 18 months for existing customers. However, when the change in T+C's come into effect in October (the 22nd) you'll have no minimum contract.
Sorry if the upgrade journey hasn't been very friendly thus far.
7up
Community Veteran

Thanks for the info Mand!