cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting real tired of your [censored] Openreach...

gnicholson8
Grafter

Re: Getting real tired of your [censored] Openreach...

Also, after waiting so long with problem after problem I do find it funny I am still expected to have to pay the install fee 😕
Whilst I know this isn't plusnets fault I would expect to have least been offered a refund for the install costs. I am shocked that with all the problems plusnet are still going to even pay Openreach for the install.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Sorry to hear that. I'll get this picked up so you're not waiting around too long.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Thanks Chris.
Once again, I can not fault the plusnet staff and how you've acted regarding the problems.
I called yesterday after the engineer had left and was obviously very annoyed and upset. the member of staff I spoke to was very apologetic and sincere, promised someone would call me back the following day (today) but I actually got a call back within five hours which was nice.
I've been informed instead of needing a "hoist" to connect my line which is what every person has said they now want to send a pole safety team out (takes 48hours) to test the pole is save to climb and THEN rebook the openreach engineers out. for a FOURTH time to come and do the install.
Basically I am waiting in purgatory and it is getting rather frustrating. Openreach are the most incompetent idiots I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Day 52

So Openreach have lied again.
According to my notes Openreach received an E-mail from my DSO saying the pole would be fixed/repaired yesterday per the E-mail from the DSO at Openreach which I quote in here (received 12th November)
I have escalated with the Hoist control and they will get a two man team on this but the earliest they can get the hoist out will be tomorrow morning.

So, I've now been told it will be today it is repaired, however still no idea when I will get the actual install done (ie the fibre faceplate/wiring) and (modem)
ETA - On plus.net's side of things it says my next bill is due on the 6th December, so it looks like I am currently being charged, surely this can not be correct if I have no line installed?
RCrozier
Grafter

@gnicholson8
I think as far as billing is concerned, you'll just have to be a squeaky wheel. I certainly wouldn't be happy to pay for a service that has not even been installed. Keep on keeping.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Yeah, I am not TOO worried about this, I am sure Plus.net won't charge me for this and it's probably just some status on the member centre page that'll get updated once the line goes active. Just wish I had a line right now 😕
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As it stands the bill would be produced and debited but we would refund this for you, once we have an idea with your activation then we can look at adding a discount to cover this bill in December.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Ok, So this is getting ridiculous now.
Basic summery is this
6th November
Openreach Engineer couldn't climb the pole as it hadn't been tested in less than 10 years. thus couldn't connect my line. Told the equipment had been arranged and they were coming out with equipment to deal with it.
12th November
Engineer came, no knowledge of the required equipment, issues with the pole, nothing done, AGAIN
12th November
Openreach (DSO) Email's Plusnet and says the pole can be tested (so they can climb it) on the 13th. This was actually done on the 14th, yesterday
15th November
Called today to find out when the engineer will be out to finish the install. They will not be able to check with Openreach for at least 24-48 hours (and with OR closed on the weekends) means It would be Monday I find out at the earliest.
THIS is BS plusnet. Every other time I had a problem it was dealt with, within hours.  I had a new appointment arranged within hours (after the first appointment on the sixth was unsuccessful)
The pole tests have been carried out. ALL I need is a fibre engineer to connect my line, install the faceplate and do the friggin install.
I was even told, as soon as the pole problem had been sorted out I would have an engineer booked RIGHT away, not four days later.
Now am I going to wait another four weeks for a friggin engineer to turn up?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll get this chased up and get you updated asap.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Two engineers just turned up, and Luke on complaints called me back. I have a phone line but apparently they were not told or even asked to do my fibre install and just left.
So I am STILL waiting for my fibre line 😕
I'm on Visit number four, waiting for number five.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Okay!!!! So I have another engineer appointment booked for Wednesday 20th November and barring any problems my fibre would be up and running on this date.
SO much hassle just to get the line connected, installed and working let alone getting the broadband working. Lets see if the engineer turns up on the 20th... as that is the only foreseeable problem I see.