cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Slow Internet speed

Walid

Getting Slow Internet speed

Hi,

Pass few days I've noticed a big drop in my internet speed. Today, I runned a speed test (https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/) and it showed download speed of 0.64Mbps and upload speed of 0.15Mbps, which are well below the minimum guarantee speed that I was promised.

Would you please look into this.

Thank you in advance.

Walid.

14 REPLIES 14
anastazius
Hooked

Re: Getting Slow Internet speed

I have also had terrible speeds for the past 2 weeks. Max download speed of 495KB/s when normally its 2Mb/s. An enginner has been booked to come and look for me.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Walid,

I'm sorry that your speed has dropped and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. I've tested the line and the test shows that the line is currently syncing at 11mbps, which is within your line's estimates of 10 - 17mbps. However, there are a number of underlying performance errors and this will be having a significant impact on the connection on your side - also, the upload speed is around 0.1mbps, which is lower than we would expect:

xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID: CBUKXXXXXXX Service ID: BBEUXXXXXXX
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 30-01-2020 10:16:14
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 11.6 23.0
SNR Margin: 23.5 14.6
Errored Seconds: 0 3
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 1782761 21100784
Speed: 172 11071

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 17024 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 13619
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 3927
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED:
MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:

The test hasn't picked up the cause of this from here so we'll need to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out. I'd recommend starting with basic checks here. If these checks don't resolve the problem, the next step would be to connect your router directly to the test socket, which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the connection stabilises. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. Please see the following guide for instructions on how to connect to the test socket. https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Sorry to hear that you're also experiencing poor speeds @anastazius. Hopefully, the engineer will be able to fully resolve this for you but please get back in touch on here if you continue to have any problems after the engineer visit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
anastazius
Hooked

Thanks I will do.
anastazius
Hooked

I tried to start a new topic so my issue doesn't get mixed up with Walid's but the message got marked as spam and was removed. I will post any updates in this thread I suppose? Sorry if I broke the rules.

Walid

Hi EmilyD,

Thank you for your help regarding this matter. I've followed the guide from the link you kindly provided and it's connected to the test socket.

Kind regards,

Walid.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Very slow speeds and getting worse. SNR reset please?

Hi @anastazius

I can see that this has been done for you here.

Please let us know how you get on with the speed over the next few days.

Thanks

Dave

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @anastazius,

I can see that my colleague has replied back to your thread. Please click here to view their response.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Link fixed.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
anastazius
Hooked

When I click on that link I get 'access denied'.

Perhaps because my original thread was marked a spam?

In any case, the Open Reach engineer came today, found faults on the line, fixed the drop line outside of the house and told me to call up and request a DLM reset.

My speed issue seems to be fixed now. Fingers crossed.
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Walid,

I have tested the line and it looks like it has improved the speeds since you plugged the router into the test socket as it is currently testing at 16.4Mbps which is within your estimates.

Please run the BT Speedtester service by clicking here using a wired connection and advise us if it has made a difference.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @anastazius,

I can see that you have since contacted our technical department who have reset your line.

Let us know if you have any further queries please.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
anastazius
Hooked

Thanks will do.
Walid

Hi Beyhive,

Thank you for your help. The broadband speeds are much better now and it feel as its getting back to how it was before. I will keep on monitoring it over the next few days.

I've pasted the results below and you can advise me if these are the expected speeds my line should be getting.

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test

Broadband Speed Test Results

Download Speed (Mbps): 13.17

Upload Speed (Mbps) : 1.13 

Ping Latency (ms): 0

kind regards,

Walid.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Walid,

That's certainly more in line with what I'd expect in terms of your performance.

Your estimate is between 10-17mb/s so you're comfortably in the middle of that bracket.

Please let us know if there's anything else you need.

Best wishes

Dave