cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Frustrated -

thehucklefamily

Getting Frustrated -

Hi There,
Is there anyone here who may be able to give me advise as how to better "engage" Plusnet is resolving my issue?
I have been with the company for three months now at first the connectivity and speed was great however over the last 18 days I have been experiencing ultra slow speeds (about 130 KPS !!!)  this was reported to Plusnet some 17 days ago (June11th) and is still outstanding. I have been advised by Plusnet support that the issue is concerned with the "line dropping" and that is causing BT software to slow the speed of delivery.
I have tried everything they have suggested, last week they finally consented to send out a BT engineer I was given 3 slots over 2 days for his visit and took two days off work however the engineer did not arrive due to an "administrative oversight" within Plusnet support. The visit was rebooked and he visited on Friiday  25th June and confined that there is no issue with my equipment or line.
I have tested my connectivity to other ISP's by using my router to connect to a neighbours network and access their provider and I have no speed issue, the issue is only present when my (correctly functioning as confirmed by BT) line connects to Plusnet
I am rapidly losing the will to live as every time I speak to Plusnet support I speak to someone different who has no knowledge of my issue and only confirms that this will be passed to the support team. If I am asked one more time top try a different microfilter or modem, to ensure that I am using the main BT socket and that there are no other devices on the line I am not sure that I will be fully responsible for my actions.
Please if anyone has any thoughts on how I might get a better response form Plusnet, I will be eternally grateful.
And if you are reading this Mr Plusnet, how about a name or a contact within your organisation who understands my issue and will commit to working to resolve this within a reasonable timescale. I got a mail from yourselves maybe 3 weeks ago regarding the fact that you were moving me to ADSL2 and I don't know if this has happened or not (and maybe caused the issue ?) but if you could just return me to the level of service/linespeed I was receiving three weeks ago I would be the happiest user on the forum. 
I DO NOT want to leave Plusnet but I don't feel that I can see much reason for staying if this situation is allowed to continue.
Thanks you in advance
MJH
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Getting Frustrated -

This is as good a place as any thehucklefamily Smiley and welcome to the forum. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi thehucklefamily,
I see what a nightmare this must have been for you. I am going to have a word with someone and see if I can get this progressed for you. Thanks for your patience.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi thehucklefamily,
one of our faults team has taken responsibility for this now and will call you shortly.
Jojo Smiley
thehucklefamily

Hi Jojo,
Many thanks for picking this up.
I have just had a call from Sephen/Steven in your faults department who is arranging for a BT "special Investigations engineer" to be with me tomorrow and is also insisting on sending me out a new router.
Hopefully this will be start of the resolution, and thanks again for your swift response.
I will track and report progress on this thread.
Regards
MJH
thehucklefamily

Impressively a BT engineer arrived this morning (I'm pleased about this as it looks as though I'm being taken seriously at last) and carried out the following....
(1) Tested the line again and confirmed that there appeared to be no issue with my hardware, wiring or setup
(2) Noted that there was a little noise on the line, so jumped into his van and checked the exchange and local box, found a dodgy connection which he fixed, the noise on the line is no longer present (assuming that this was not an intermittent fault)
(3) Spoke to his helpdesk and was put through to an engineer (either with yourselves or BT wholesale, he couldn't be sure) This engineer then ensured my profile was reset as was my brads, and further explained that it could be a few hours before the resets to take effect.
So some 7 hours later I have a very marginal increase in speed and I have updated the ticket with the following...
"Hi Stephen,
Since the engineers visit as detailed above, speed from your recommended speedtest utility has increased slightly to about 220 Kbps, but i'm sure you agree that this is still not nearly an acceptable level when the connection speed on my modem is almost 5000 kbps.
Could you please contact me as a priority in order that we can address this issue.
Thanks in advance.
MJH"

Outside of this Stephen is arranging a new modem for me, I'm not sure that this will be of any use (given the fault finding I detailed above)  but I will try it when it arrives.
I'm still incredibly frustrated but a little pleased that it looks like I am being taken seriously.....
More updates to follow........  Smiley 
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI, your profile's looking good now, so I've matched the BT and plusnet profiles. You should start to see a big change shortly.
Jojo Smiley
thehucklefamily

Hi Jojo,
Connected OK last night ans still seems good this AM, I have spoken to Stephen and confirmed this already today, he said he will continue to monitor the line for a week before closing the ticket.
Thanks to both you and Stephen for your help in this resolving this matter.
I'm sorry I had to resort to ranting and raving on bulletin boards to get some attention to my issue, it's not something I like to do, but I felt compelled to do so as prior to your intervention the level of service I was receiving from the helpline and fault team was totally unacceptable. Once energised and motivated both the service and information I have received has been absolutely first class with a swift resolution to my issue.
Might I suggest that your organisation looks at it's support processes and modifies them accordingly, us customers need to be cuddled, we need to know that folk are working on our issues and most of all we need to warmed and informed.
One again, my thanks to all involved in the resolution process.
Regards
MJH
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI thehucklefamily,
...shame you needed to get to this point in order to get a resolution. The majority of issues are solved using the main support methods, but, as it turns out, your issue wasn't the norm, but glad it was sorted for you.
Thank you for the positive feedback, it is much appreciated.
Jojo Smiley