cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing red light & orange on

diamond7
Dabbler

Flashing red light & orange on

Hi my fibre has stopped working ive logged a fault with the plusnet online fault service. Thought id post here also. Red B light flashing orange stays on, plugged into test socket on master but cant test the line as i dont have a phone. Have tried resets & different adsl filters.
10 REPLIES 10
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Flashing red light & orange on

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to Broadband

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

@diamond7 

That light combination means the Hub One is not receiving a broadband signal. Not much can be done here other than wait for support to pick the fault up

HTH

diamond7
Dabbler

Ok thanks
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

There are things which a user can do - check the phone line and use the automated phone fault reporting process if it appears that the line if faulty.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

@Townman 

the OP said

Hi my fibre has stopped working ive logged a fault with the plusnet online fault service. Thought id post here also. Red B light flashing orange stays on, plugged into test socket on master but cant test the line as i dont have a phone. Have tried resets & different adsl filters.

Hence my comment.

Edit: since the start of the month hardly anyone from plusnet visit here anymore, 25% staff reduction!

Dan.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Cheers Dan, I missed that bit - having a phone handset is an essential (and cheap enough) diagnostic tool! Buy Binatone Corded Desk Telephone - Single | Telephones | Argos

EDIT: Indeed the absence of staff here makes self-help, with guidance from the community the most pragmatic way of progressing issues, especially if the automated fault reporting tools can be utilised.  That thought leads me to reflect that regardless of having a handset, one can still invoke the telephone line diagnostic bot...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Dan_the_Van wrote:

Edit: since the start of the month hardly anyone from plusnet visit here anymore, 25% staff reduction!

Dan.

And when they do, it appears they only pick 'solved' issues to comment on.  If I was the suspicious type, I would be thinking the BT forum response has made its way across - but of course I could be wrong.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Ouch!!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Sorry - did I tread on someone's toe? 😀

John
diamond7
Dabbler

Looks like this was a line/exterior fault. Saw someone on a ladder working on the telecom mast and its now working. Thanks