cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding OpenReach service status?

paulh
Rising Star

Finding OpenReach service status?

My brodband is down & I've been informed by a support SCS  that it's an Openreach problem that 'might' be fixed by midnight tomorrow.

Obviously I'm really annoyed & wonder what I'm paying for & why I won't be compensated for loss of service. It's not like broadband is just a nice-to-have thing any more, it's become virtually an essential service.

I also wonder how I can get updates on Openreach service status?

I haven't found a way to get any information from the detailed service status page that PN offers (see screenshiot) because I can't find a search term that ever returns anything at all.  

Is there a publicly available Openreach page which list outage details & estimates of fix times?

6 REPLIES 6
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Finding OpenReach service status?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@paulh I don't think there is a publicly accessible OR 'status page', but I find This  useful.

John
paulh
Rising Star

lol both the Zen portal and the usertools one mentioned in another reply show my location as having no faults, so I guess I'll just have to sit here watching the router until it turns a better colour

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Probably a 'local' fault then, @paulh - the Zen portal only picks up 'area code' type reports, no idea about the usertools one.

John
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

The usertools outage checker is outdated as it only shows legacy 20CN exchanges. 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Gel wrote:

try
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

Be aware that the Usertools site has not been maintained for about 4 years now.  It was due to be removed but the 'round tuit' necessary for job cannot be found.  🙄

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.