Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre profile needs changing?

broadbandjockey

Re: Fibre profile needs changing?

Quote from: broadbandjockey
Quote from: ericelgato
My new unlimited fibre connection was installed on the 21st. It's working okay, but on a 40/10 profile.

I've got exactly the same problem, my FTTC service was migrated to PlusNet on Jan 22nd, I'm on 'Fibre Unlimited' that should
be a 80/20 profile, but running a BTO diagnostic shows my max achievable upload to be 10 Mb/s, which implies
I'm on 40/10 and therefore Fibre Essentials profile ?
Can one of the PN tech support staff please check for me ?

Bump !!!
Everyone else who responded after I posted this has been attended to, but my post seems to have been negleted ?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Sorry about that, I placed a modify order to move you over to the correct product, you should see the difference tomorrow Smiley
broadbandjockey

Thanks Chris  Smiley
dick:quote
mozster
Dabbler

Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi, I've placed a modify order for your line and you'll see the increase tomorrow Smiley

Hi Chris
Thanks for sending the order through, it looks like it's made a difference  - I'm now getting 49/13 compared to 37/8.
I've attached before and after BT Wholesale Speed Test results, but I was expecting a bit better results, considering the BTW checker's estimate was upto 62/20.
How typical is it to be 20% below the checker's estimate? Is there anything that can be done (or I can try) to eek a bit more out of my twisted pair  Wink
Thanks
Moz
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've checked your line and there could be something that's stopping you hitting higher speeds, would it be possible for you to run through the checks at http://faults.plus.net and we can take a look from there?
Chris
mozster
Dabbler

yep, I'll run through it when I'm back home tonight
update:
I ran the tests and managed to get a lower speed (30/13) when connected directly to the modem?Huh
a ticket has been raised: #65207870
hopefully, I'll get a bit closer to the original estimate...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've picked that up and we'll be in-touch soon.
moogaloo
Dabbler

Me too, fibre installed today and I am on the 40/10 profile could you please work your magic for me?
Thanks
Chris
Dev
Rising Star

Not too bad here
moogaloo
Dabbler

Quote from: moogaloo
Me too, fibre installed today and I am on the 40/10 profile could you please work your magic for me?
Thanks
Chris

I have now raised question 65255963 I am slightly annoyed because i was aware of this and tried to get the guy to check my provision when booking the engineer but I still ended up on the wrong speed
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Chris, sorry for the delay, I've placed a modify order to mvoe you onto the correct product and also responded your ticket.
You'll see the increase on Monday.
Let me know how you get on.
Chris
moogaloo
Dabbler

Will do, many thanks
arthurtoper

Hi, I believe that my profile is also incorrect as the BT engineer said that it was currently 40/10 despite my being on Unlimited Fibre and expecting 80/20. If you wouldn't mind looking into this for me I'd appreciate it Smiley Thanks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi arthurtoper,
I'm afraid your order hasn't yet been closed off, so we won't be able to get a line profile yet I'm afraid. If the engineer has attended already that should happen later today, I'd recommend leaving it over the weekend to see if things settle then if they haven't we can sort it first thing on Monday?
If not then please give our support team a call over the weekend and they'll be able to help you out.
arthurtoper

Thanks Matt, I actually just had a call from a Plusnet representative who has been able to place the order modification for Monday after confirming that the profile was incorrect.