cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up with Plusnet, I might be switching ISP

kingkong69
Dabbler

Fed up with Plusnet, I might be switching ISP

My broadband speed dropped from 2mb to less than 1mb and the connection drops very frequencly (about 5-6 times a day) Leaving me with no internet at all.
I tried all the reccommendation Plusnet told me to do like plugging the router directly into the Bt master socket and I even tried a different router however the same problem still exist. No improvements in speeds and the disconnections still happening. Anyone got the same problem?
I thinking of changning to Sky Broadband. Anyone got any help and suggestions?
Many Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Fed up with Plusnet, I might be switching ISP

Have you raised a fault
Although switching to Sky will change the equipment in the exchange it won't help if the problem is between you and the exchange
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Any noise on line? Have you done quiet line test(17070 opt2, using an analogue phone as well as your DECT?
If you have and there is, try same in test socket.
ADSL will hold in, albeit with drop outs, whilst voice needs a more robust signal, that requires both wires: ADSL can limp along on one.
BTW I had similar recently and through the checking routine CS found it was a voice fault, caused by a nearly broken wire in my street, and water ingress. FWIW there is a thread.
Now rock solid and profile has rocketed.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
kingkong69
Dabbler

I have raised a fault but they just told me to do the tests,They said my exchange(willowcroft)dont show up any problems,Is the losing of the internet more annoying  then the slow speed...
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You need to carry out the tests they ask for - the fault should be raised as intermittent loss of connection not speed - then they will carry out the automated checks and if they don't find anything then they will call out a BT Openreach engineer.
However to avoid the possibility of a back charge you will need to have tested with the router in the test socket and with a different filter and preferably another router - they will usually loan you one if necessary
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Good advice Oldjim, and yes, we can loan you a router if need be.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team